Speculation with results..

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

AdmiralDonkey
Data [Undefined]

Speculation with results..

Unread post by AdmiralDonkey »

Albeit not much results, however it is quite interesting. I hav spent some time thinking about why the 3 cities mentioned onthe artifact location website were the 3 mentioned. I was toying with a few ideas, and thought: What if I joined up the locations of the 3 cities, and find what was in the middle. I wasn't expecting it to work, but when a triangle is drawn between the cities (I used google maps), Salt Lake City appears practically smack in the middle of the 3 points. Now, I have no idea as to the significance of this or indeed if there even is anything significant about it, but I still thought i'd share it with you, see if you could make any sense of it.

Here is a screenshot:
Centre of points
Centre of points
Halo server 5.png (279.5 KiB) Viewed 12404 times
Also, when I questioned Jonas about it, I get the following:
Jay says:
What do you know about Salt Lake City?
Jonas Volman says:
What I know about salt lake City? Plenty of good things, I assure you, but I can't enter into details.
I don't know if this response is produced if anything else is asked or if it is just for asking about Salt Lake City, however I tried a few others with just the response of "quite a lot." However, it will probably be that Jonas is no help to us for unlocking the next episode.

As far as I know, i'm the first person to discover this, so in the unlikely case that it holds any significance then if anyone gets further than me with this please share it with me and credit me for at least this bit. Also if anyone else has more sophisticated ways of acheivig the exact centre between these three cities then it may be a smaller place and not SLC, as I just created lines based on a general idea of where is the middle, although it looks quite central, so let me know if you produce more accurate results please. Thanks :)
Last edited by AdmiralDonkey on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Speculation with results..

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Just in case Salt Lake City is of any importance, I can be there in 15 min or less depending on trafic.
AdmiralDonkey
Data [Undefined]

Well, the site suggests something is to happen tomorrow!
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

That chatbot is going to be the death of this game.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:That chatbot is going to be the death of this game.

I am deeply inclined to agree......but its still fun messing with him just to see what he will say.
Ghost
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ghost »

Measuring the image on my actual monitor with a ruler, it seems as if Salt Lake City is very close to the center. I don't think it's perfectly in the center though.
AdmiralDonkey
Data [Undefined]

Agreed. I did notice it should be slightly higher and to the left a bit for it to be perfectly central, still it is pretty close, and as Bungie can't rewrite geography i assume that if the centre of the 3 points was the answer; that it would be exactly in the centre. It just seems that SLC is the only major city in that area and it might be to central to be a conicidence... Still, i'm probably wrong and it is just a conincidence i'm guessing!
BootsMcGavin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by BootsMcGavin »

i would think that whatever happening is probably happening in those 3 cities, to be honest
AdmiralDonkey
Data [Undefined]

I think you're probably right. It's just a shame that everyone in the states has an advantage over everyone else, being able to travel to locations, dial numbers without a huge bill and the timezone that bungie is orientated on. (When it went to the 16th for you lot it was already night on the morning of the 16th for us so if something happened at midnight for you we wouldn't have a hope in hell)
Hobbsilius
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Hobbsilius »

Maybe all it means is that the Mormons have it right. However, don't a lot of these cities in or near the triangle (and the three points of it's make-up) coincide with the Projekt Revolution Tour that Luke was discussing in one of the podcasts? He talks of people being able to play part of the game there or sumthin'. Maybe something even specialer (yeah, i know) is planned. By the way, Nice Job, Adm. Donkey! Triangulation for the win. ;)