Waveform in server4 video.

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

rwalton1129
Data [Undefined]

Re: Waveform in server4 video.

Unread post by rwalton1129 »

Or for Spartan 117...aka the MC
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

about the numeric counter - there are some frames where the value is lowered before rising again. When I saw that happen, I gave up considering it a counter. Ultimately it's counting up, but at any point it might increase or decrease in value.

Along the same lines as the waveform to the right likely being a decoration, I'm guessing the numbers may be as well. I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to consider a viable alternative for a code...

edit: woops, cross-posted over to this thread
MC_
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by MC_ »

What if the flood managed to infect the computer chip in Captain Keys' brain, and became computer flood, and could then infect computers and A.I.s?
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

no, not possible. the most they can do is take the information on the chip and add it to their hive and add the intelligence and data to their own.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

spartan117 wrote:no, not possible. the most they can do is take the information on the chip and add it to their hive and add the intelligence and data to their own.
Do we REALLY know that for sure, though? It is possible that a Flood could somehow "infect" a computer. It's possible that that's what has happened to Cortana (though highly unlikely). I dont really believe in it, but also dont think that we should completely disregard the possibility.
NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

Cortana is rampent. Not Flood controlled.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Can you source that, Nate? I'm fairly certain all Bungie has said is that she's "in trouble." We do not, to my knowledge, have any idea if she is rampant or infected by Gravemind or just in a bad mood.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

NateTheNewt wrote:Cortana is rampent. Not Flood controlled.
cortana is "old" and reaching the end of her effective operational lifespan- not nessesarliy ramapancy
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

NateTheNewt wrote:Cortana is rampent. Not Flood controlled.
As Maim said, we dont know that for sure... Like I said, never disregard something until it is proven wrong by Bungie ;) There's so many possibilitie with Cortana: She could be rampant, Flood infected, "old," or, something I haven't seen mentioned, she could be infected with some sort of Forerunner virus that she contracted while in the Halos computer system, or she could even be infected in some way by that other mysterious AI in High Charity. There's too many possibilities to choose one, and not enough evidence to disregard any either. I do highly doubt that we will have an answer before September 25, though ;)
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

It COULD be that she's going though a state akin to rampancy, and does not want to "die." So...the Gravemind gives her the opportunity to extend her life as long as she extends a favor to him. Just shooting out some Cortana theories. However, we're straying from the topic...