Waveform in server4 video.

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

zoned out
Data [Conditional]

Re: Waveform in server4 video.

Unread post by zoned out »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:
zoned out wrote:
Lurono wrote:Yeah, I know... It all just looked like the firing PROCESS, not the actual firing itself. At this time, we have yet to see the Halos fire or even hear a description of how they fire. To really understand we have to SEE it... Does it travel through slipspace (most likely, imo)? Is it visible light? Or some sort of sound or radiation? We just don't know ;)
True but I thought it might help. But going back to what Omega Hunter 9 said it could be something like that. However we know it only attacks organisms based on their biomass. So the real question is what does DNA have to do with biomass? Just a thought ;)
Well, the more biomass a being has is basically it being heavier and bigger. The bigger it is, *usually* the more complex it is and in need of more complex DNA to sustain and repair it.
Well said Omega. So does that mean that the DNA we got tells us the limit of complexity an organims has (keep in mind that mtDNA is bacterial in origin). What could that mean? :?: Does anyone else have a headache? :cry:
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

lol.

I like the gamma ray idea... The only problem is that still doesn't answer how only specific things are targetted. The gamma rays that have been observed by scientists thus far would kill anything. Of course, this is a fictional world, so Bungie is more than likely just going to use a fictional answer since I doubt there is an actual weapon that can target things like the Halos target them :D

So, we may be able to assume that the Halos target only complex creatures based on their DNA? I'm no scientist, and haven't had a biology class in over two years, so I'm not really too sharp on DNA and such right now :P We could take the complexity thing a bit further, though. Humans, Covenant, Forerunner, etc. are all intelligent, no? So, there has to be something in our DNA that causes this intelligence (I honestly dont know how to word this any better!), right? 343GS did tell us that the Flood can infect anything with sufficient biomass AND cognitive ability... So why wouldn't the Halos target based upon BOTH?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Lurono wrote:lol.

I like the gamma ray idea... The only problem is that still doesn't answer how only specific things are targetted. The gamma rays that have been observed by scientists thus far would kill anything. Of course, this is a fictional world, so Bungie is more than likely just going to use a fictional answer since I doubt there is an actual weapon that can target things like the Halos target them :D

So, we may be able to assume that the Halos target only complex creatures based on their DNA? I'm no scientist, and haven't had a biology class in over two years, so I'm not really too sharp on DNA and such right now :P We could take the complexity thing a bit further, though. Humans, Covenant, Forerunner, etc. are all intelligent, no? So, there has to be something in our DNA that causes this intelligence (I honestly dont know how to word this any better!), right? 343GS did tell us that the Flood can infect anything with sufficient biomass AND cognitive ability... So why wouldn't the Halos target based upon BOTH?
If you read the graphic novel (and I hope you did) you may remember that when half-jaw boarded the flood-infested ship they came across a number of large beasts that the elites used for hunting games (if I rmember correctly) that had been infected by flood. They weren't sentient. Therefore, we can assume that Halo targets a specific biomass only, as inteligence has no important role in what the flood decide to infect.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

thereIwasn't wrote:
Lurono wrote:lol.

If you read the graphic novel (and I hope you did) you may remember that when half-jaw boarded the flood-infested ship they came across a number of large beasts that the elites used for hunting games (if I rmember correctly) that had been infected by flood. They weren't sentient. Therefore, we can assume that Halo targets a specific biomass only, as inteligence has no important role in what the flood decide to infect.
Ah, right! I totally forgot about the graphic novel! Good point, then. I still believe that the Flood can only infect creatures with the ability to think, however. There would be no reason for 343GS to have included the cognitive ability part if it didn't matter. So, they dont have to necessarily be smart when compared to us, they simply have to have at least a simple thought process.
WarZombie
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WarZombie »

This thing has to be a flood-infected Chinese Alligator. Maybe the Forerunner were experimenting with Flood DNA and wanted to test it on an alligator.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

More likely than not, the alligator just has a few genetic messups here and there. This is not new, different, or any form in genetic tampering. If you put anyone's genes up against those recorded by the Human genome project, you would probably also have some discrepencies.
I would say that we're looking for a line, or series of lines, that seriously don't match up. That's either a message concerning Server 5, or one real big genetic messup (or, perhaps, as you like to say, flood manipulation)

btw, isn't this supposed to be for the waveform thing? Has anyone had any luck there. Personally, I think that that's another dead end.
zoned out
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by zoned out »

thereIwasn't wrote:More likely than not, the alligator just has a few genetic messups here and there. This is not new, different, or any form in genetic tampering. If you put anyone's genes up against those recorded by the Human genome project, you would probably also have some discrepencies.
I would say that we're looking for a line, or series of lines, that seriously don't match up. That's either a message concerning Server 5, or one real big genetic messup (or, perhaps, as you like to say, flood manipulation)

btw, isn't this supposed to be for the waveform thing? Has anyone had any luck there. Personally, I think that that's another dead end.
Yeah your right we should get back on subject. :oops: But before we consider it a dead end we should see what we could get out of it. There's nothing worse then not being able to solve an ARG because you considered the next clue a dead end.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

(As posted at CI)
Two things I haven't seen anyone look into yet in the Server 4 video:

1. What planet is that? Is it Earth? Mars? The moon? None of the above? I don't know... but anyone care to try to overlay it with another planet, or find any landmarks so that we may identify it, or classify it as fictitious? Of note are many craters in the first frames, before it gets too dark, then it appears as though there are oceans and landforms when the light comes back on the face of it.

2. The numbers to the left of the DNA sequence... if you pause the MOV file, then using the arrow keys, go frame by frame, you can see that it starts at around "000 00 00 000 00 34578 134" and is counting up, but each digit is incrementing at different intervals, so it looks random at full speed, but doesn't seem to be when slowed down. The last frame that the numbers are visible, they read "680 57 24 891 78 46791 680".

Sorry I can't stay to work on these now... but just thought I would put it up, maybe a daring fellow overwhelmed with time could explore these avenues. Enjoi!
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

ii otnemem ii wrote:(As posted at CI)
Two things I haven't seen anyone look into yet in the Server 4 video:

1. What planet is that? Is it Earth? Mars? The moon? None of the above? I don't know... but anyone care to try to overlay it with another planet, or find any landmarks so that we may identify it, or classify it as fictitious? Of note are many craters in the first frames, before it gets too dark, then it appears as though there are oceans and landforms when the light comes back on the face of it.

2. The numbers to the left of the DNA sequence... if you pause the MOV file, then using the arrow keys, go frame by frame, you can see that it starts at around "000 00 00 000 00 34578 134" and is counting up, but each digit is incrementing at different intervals, so it looks random at full speed, but doesn't seem to be when slowed down. The last frame that the numbers are visible, they read "680 57 24 891 78 46791 680".

Sorry I can't stay to work on these now... but just thought I would put it up, maybe a daring fellow overwhelmed with time could explore these avenues. Enjoi!
whatever the planet is, I believe that it is showing it to us through a progression of time, or that the planet was terraformed. It could be earth, it could be elsewhere.

If the numbers have any importance, I'd bet on the number of digits being the important piece, as some numbers repeat before the next digit begins to count. The grouping of the digits is this:
3-2-2-3-2-5-3
Seven numbers. Not enough for an IP adress, but with an area code attached, perhaps enough for a phone number?
Or you could put random numbers in front or behind and try out IP adresses. I have no clue.

From the looks of it, the waveform has no understandable use. There is no particular part that makes it look like someone is speaking. For all we know, it's what you get if you look at the movie music when gone through.
So unless anyone has a way to decode the dratted thing, I say that we cal it quits with the waveform.
Crimson Shade
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Crimson Shade »

ahem.
thereIwasn't: anything that can think is sentient. I'm assuming that animals are able to think.
the animals aboard the Infinite Succor (Heh. that name always makes me laugh) were, I assume, not just computer algorithms, they were living, breathing animals with brains which, logically, would have had the ability to think.
This does not go to say that the Halo system wouldn't target on biomass. That would make sense. anyhow, the only way to stop the flood is to starve them, so denying them food is step 1.
Also, the flood do target on a basis of cogitative ability and/or knowledge. Remember the late Captain Keys? And his struggle to keep his memories of Earth and navigation coordinates (among other things) out of the flood's grasp when it invaded his mind in The Flood? And, if you recall, in the graphic novel, the flood used the personnel aboard the Infinite Succor (Heh) to utilize the ships navigational controls to plot a slipspace jump out of the system. The flood only know what their victims know, and they want to know how to get out of system. so they go after ships and their crews. Does In Amber Clad strike a bell? The Gravemind used that ship to get to High Charity.

As for the video, I tried to look for identifying factors about the planet in question. I couldn't find any. Gut feeling: Earth.
about the DNA numbers: don't have that ability, but a fun fact out of the sample1000101.txt file: <index----#> 1110101 Translated: '117' or the letter 'U'
hmmmmmmmm...... :!:
-Crimson Shade

the path:// :arrow: