Odd Halo 3 video

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

oneanansi
Data [Undefined]

Odd Halo 3 video

Unread post by oneanansi »

Well I'm back! Not that that holds any relevance as no one remembers me... I mostly sat back and observed everything. I must say after being gone for two and a half weeks ( Life can get real complicated folks XD) I felt painfully out of the loop. http://halo.wikibruce.com/Outline was my saving grace. I feel somewhat back in loop, and I feel extremely excited as I've watched my favorite story come to life. Anyways...done to the nitty gritty.

Normally I would not start a topic over me returning, but through observing what I've missed I have a few questions to add to our already mammoth list. But before I do, I want to clarify a few things that I have missed...

1. So there has been no activity on the SOA site? It was still somewhat of a big deal when I left... and now it seems... like old news...

2. Did the zune concept die as well? Many were interested in that...

3. And Adjacent Reflex? Has there been no activity with him?

Those are my questions regarding the old news... here's things I've found and are curious about that no one has addressed;

1. http://www.gamespot.com/video/926632/61 ... vie-clip-5 This is not Bungie's style... this video is somewhat random...out of the ordinary. (Though I loved every moment of it!) You will immediately notice the odd background effects...Gamespot labels it as Halo 3 movie clip 5, though there is no 1 - 4. Also, in case some of you don't know, another Halo 3 trailer is out... http://www.gamespot.com/video/926632/61 ... -trailer-3. It Also has an odd name, as there is no official trailer 2 on the site. Very odd.

2.This may be random, but it might hold relevance. There was a very famous meteor shower last night, I thought I should mention. It was a very big deal because the moon would be hidden due to it's stage in the cycle. The moon should be full soon I believe... and Jonas promises answers then...

Obviously my main reason for this thread is the mysterious video on gamespot, but I was hoping someone could address my other questions as well...
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Odd Halo 3 video

Unread post by writer87 »

the video on gamespot is "arms race" done by weta studios, it is the first in a line of short films to promote H3 and possibly a halo movie. so your right in that its NOT bungie who did it, but WETA and Niel Bollcamp(spelling?)
Last edited by writer87 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

1. No activity on SOTA.

2. I have a Zune! wooo

3. Nope, he was taken over by his superior.

First Vid: This is Arms Race made by the same guys that would have made the real movie, but never could. Look on XBox Live for it.

Second: Just the E3 07 preview, look on XBox Live for it.

Also, Jonas says at the next full moon for any "when?" question, he was only for Server 4, so he's a dead topic for now.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

I have just rofl'd in my pants.
oneanansi
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by oneanansi »

Thankyou all for the response, but I'm still curious about the Arm's race video... is that noise in the background just due to a bad recording?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

oneanansi wrote:Thankyou all for the response, but I'm still curious about the Arm's race video... is that noise in the background just due to a bad recording?
Possibly, or industrial noise. The point of the vid is to show humanity's war machine.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

The noise is meant to be there. Look for two more such videos in the coming weeks (mentioned in the last couple Bungie updates).

No sense keeping this one open, sorry.

Keep looking! ;)

_F_