Humans aren't forerunner?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

bumontheroad
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Humans aren't forerunner?

Unread post by bumontheroad »

not to mention they refered to Miranda Keyes as a Reclaimer in Halo 2, which shows that only humans can be reclaimers (there were plenty of Brutes around, yet none of them were referred to as Reclaimers)
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

uncle_trubble wrote:I think its likely that the forerunners either created or, more likely, aided humanity and gave them the capability to fire the halos after either fleeing or allowing themselves to be killed. They probably programmed the AIs to regeister humans as "reclaimers" or infused their own DNA into humans to achieve the same end. And I think 343GS says something about using another human as a reclaimer (who died) just before locating MC. Obviously that would've been a marine, so it can't just apply to SPARTANs.
Yeah, that Mobuto guy? Plus he treats Miranda as a Reclaimer as well (yes, I know it has been said a million times!) Wonder why they chose us though... I think it has to do with human intelligence and behaviour. Remember, the Covenant species are usually immitative, not innovative, whereas humanity has the ability to easily create and adapt ;)
bumontheroad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bumontheroad »

Lurono wrote:
uncle_trubble wrote:I think its likely that the forerunners either created or, more likely, aided humanity and gave them the capability to fire the halos after either fleeing or allowing themselves to be killed. They probably programmed the AIs to regeister humans as "reclaimers" or infused their own DNA into humans to achieve the same end. And I think 343GS says something about using another human as a reclaimer (who died) just before locating MC. Obviously that would've been a marine, so it can't just apply to SPARTANs.
Yeah, that Mobuto guy? Plus he treats Miranda as a Reclaimer as well (yes, I know it has been said a million times!) Wonder why they chose us though... I think it has to do with human intelligence and behaviour. Remember, the Covenant species are usually immitative, not innovative, whereas humanity has the ability to easily create and adapt ;)
gawd, you stupid noob...everyone already know mirandas a reclaimer

just messin
gspawn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by gspawn »

kudo43 wrote:Has it ever been considered that perhaps the Forerunners (btw did they call themselves the forerunners?) was similar to the covenant in that it was a multi species alliance?
Yes, it has. And it's just one more thing to throw on the stack of "we just don't know".
-There's not enough evidence to say that we're NOT Forerunners (Why are we Reclaimers? Why were we watching the Ark be built? We're obviously special above and beyond the Covenant races for some reason.)
-There's not enough evidence to say we ARE Forerunners (For those same reasons- maybe we were a sub-species or a client race they trusted.)
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

gspawn wrote:
kudo43 wrote:Has it ever been considered that perhaps the Forerunners (btw did they call themselves the forerunners?) was similar to the covenant in that it was a multi species alliance?
Yes, it has. And it's just one more thing to throw on the stack of "we just don't know".
-There's not enough evidence to say that we're NOT Forerunners (Why are we Reclaimers? Why were we watching the Ark be built? We're obviously special above and beyond the Covenant races for some reason.)
-There's not enough evidence to say we ARE Forerunners (For those same reasons- maybe we were a sub-species or a client race they trusted.)
Not really, it was revealed in either one of the novels that the Prophets evolved on one of the Forerunner-ruin littered worlds, which gave them the reason to worship them, and reverse engineer that one ship in High Charity. So actually, the Prophets are the most favored, then us, we just didn't know it.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:
gspawn wrote:
Not really, it was revealed in either one of the novels that the Prophets evolved on one of the Forerunner-ruin littered worlds, which gave them the reason to worship them, and reverse engineer that one ship in High Charity. So actually, the Prophets are the most favored, then us, we just didn't know it.
I would bet that all of the homeworlds (human, covenant, any other aliens we dont know about) are littered with Forerunner artifacts. Remember that they were protecting the species that they wanted to survive the Halos, so it would make sense that there would be some remains from that protection effort... I honestly think that there is a version of the ark (not necessarily a remote control type thing like we have in ours) on all of the homeworlds.
Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Bradxd »

I just think the Forerunners created humans, created the flood, and created the covenant, and are using their surveillance to watch us try and survive.. I dont think it's worth this much thinking guys..
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Erm. "This much thinking" is sort of what this ARG/viral marketing effort is about.
yakaman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by yakaman »

gspawn wrote:
I know what you are saying, that we cannot present a case that 100% proves that humanity is not Forerunner beyond any reasonable doubt. We cannot "know" for certain.

But I am still convinced. If humanity is Forerunner, I will kiss my own ass.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:
gspawn wrote:
yeah also, um 343 chose an elite to be his reclaimer in H2. and gravemind certainly doesnt think theres any difference he just chooses the two strongest out of each side. but when you think of alien species, elites/humans have same basic body type/shape/mass. perhaps theres a some kind of marker in the taller bi-pedal's... like we all look like that for a reason that the forerunners had...(back to my everythings for a reason lol...)