Server 5 Discussion (NOT OPEN YET)

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

SickTreeHugger
Data [Conditional]

Server 5 Discussion (NOT OPEN YET)

Unread post by SickTreeHugger »

Changed topic title to avert heart attacks. :) - Avateur

The other Server 5 thread was getting very messy (when I say messy, I mean confusing, no pun, threats, harrasment, or racism intended), so I decided to make a new one.

This is where you can post any and all knowledge directly about or related to http://206.16.223.76/ (by the way, the password is boomerang), theories about it's meaning, or any other informational "tidbits" that might help us get any closer to unlocking Server 5. Rember we need to work together If we want to solve this, so please, be kind. Refer to this website for help with the ARG. http://halo.wikibruce.com/Home

Good posting, and good luck! :)
Last edited by SickTreeHugger on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 5 Discussion

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

christ mate i saw this an almost had a heart attack thinking i missed s5's opening
SickTreeHugger
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SickTreeHugger »

I probably would too. :lol:

But fortunatly, it's not open yet, and your still breathing. ;)
gunluva
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by gunluva »

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:christ mate i saw this an almost had a heart attack thinking i missed s5's opening
Ditto. My chest had a lot of pressure on it when I read the subject line.
ClownX
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ClownX »

A quick theory, one that completely contradicts my others. What if "boomerang" DID mean something?
--
The Flood are Earth based. They were sent from Earth, but will inevitably come back.
The Forerunners are Earth based. They left Earth, but came back (to build the Ark)?
--
Just some thoughts.
pyrobob
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by pyrobob »

I think that boomerang does hold some significance. It is extremely cold (only 1 Kelvin), so perhaps it is the location of a large flood research center. Most flood are stored in extremely cold, remote places for research. The password needs to have some significance to this story, it cannot just be a password.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

pyrobob wrote:I think that boomerang does hold some significance. It is extremely cold (only 1 Kelvin), so perhaps it is the location of a large flood research center. Most flood are stored in extremely cold, remote places for research. The password needs to have some significance to this story, it cannot just be a password.
The Artifact Location is boomerang.

I.e. boomerang is where the artifact is.

That's what I drew from it...

Who knows what the artifact is, though. It might be server 5...
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

ClownX wrote:A quick theory, one that completely contradicts my others. What if "boomerang" DID mean something?
--
The Flood are Earth based. They were sent from Earth, but will inevitably come back.
The Forerunners are Earth based. They left Earth, but came back (to build the Ark)?
--
Just some thoughts.
Boomerang is the name of the nebula from one of the pics that we got from server 4.

Good thing that disclaimer is in the title otherwise.....whew.
zoned out
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by zoned out »

pyrobob wrote:I think that boomerang does hold some significance. It is extremely cold (only 1 Kelvin), so perhaps it is the location of a large flood research center. Most flood are stored in extremely cold, remote places for research. The password needs to have some significance to this story, it cannot just be a password.
The location of lockout perhaps? ;)

But seriously I think that the artifact could be referring to the ark on Earth since that is like the general theme of the Halo 3.

Just a thought.
MC_
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 5 Discussion (NOT OPEN YET)

Unread post by MC_ »

So after looking at the artifact location page, from what I can tell, the positions of the stars and the characters that whiz by after the password is opened are random (easy to tell by simply refreshing the page); also, after a while, the stars that are left number anywhere from eighteen the first time I looked at the page, to more. After a while stars stop disapearing, and stars are simply "blinking" (ones that weren't there before; almost like it is meant to look like stars are dissapearing). Then, everything stops, except the three lines of characters, and it seems as though only larger stars are left. That is what I saw.