The Iris Community

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Street Ninja
Data [Conditional]

Re: The Iris Community

Unread post by Street Ninja »

Iris has been fun so far with the few puzzles, story, and of course meeting new people. Hope they do another ARG for Halo Wars.
Camth
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Camth »

Well said Avateur, as disappointing as the errors were it was amazing to see everyone working together! :)
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

yeah its been really fun and i am proud to tell others that i helped others unlock servers and are a member of ABO. HUZZAH! :D
Zeouterlimits
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Zeouterlimits »

Awww, what a nice post.
*Raises cup of tea*
To the Iris Community!
S3NATOR
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by S3NATOR »

My post from CI:
Posted by: S3NATOR
I agree Rokit/Avateur. Yesterday was a great community effort. In the past I have missed the server openings by mere minutes but yesterday I got to watch the whole thing unfold and participate from the beginning to the end. I thought it was awesome to see so many people working together on all different channels. Although this ARG has been slow at times it really seems like it has brought the Halo community closer. I'm proud to be a part of the 7th column.

S3N
WFGeppetto
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WFGeppetto »

S3N's quote is from the CI thread in which Rokit quoted you, Avatuer. Just thought I'd show you what I have said in CI as well.
Posted by: WFGeppetto:
I don't think there there should be any competition at all between the forums. I suppose that there will be some, but many of us have accounts on both forums. We have worked together on many things, and have been courteous and helpful in both directions. Each forum has it's own apeal, but both are dedicated to the same purpose. It really doesn't matter who finds it first, because in my mind we are all working together anyway. Besides, even if one of the registered ABO members didn't post on CI, someone is sure to be watching that forum as well, and I can pretty much garauntee that as soon as important information is posted in one, it quickly shows up in the other.

We watch each other's backs, we don't fight or compete. ABO is an excellent resourse for us, and the entire forum should be treated with the same respect we would give a single member of CI. They should know what we know and vice versa, and really like it or not, this is true anyway.

I am glad to share this adventure with anyone that wants in, and I am proud to be registered at ABO.
Unr3al quoted this one to get more attention in CI.
Posted by:WFGeppetto
Bravo Rokit, and Avatuer. I completely agree, and am very pleased to see these opinions voiced. I was in contact with several key players, and others during the unlock, and they were in contact with others, who were in contact with still others. If it wasn't for WhiteRaven's quick thinking, and the immediate response from all parties accross the board, we wouldn't have been able to bring this opportunity to the little people. It is cooperation on an unprecidented level, and right at the peak of competitive ideas spreading around the forums. I am also very proud to be a part of this, and my feelings would be the same if I were just a rarely heard voice in the background. Simply being registered in these forums, and participating on any level, brings me a great deal of pride.

Thank you for this post Rokit. I sincerely hope to see your name make the list on server 5.
This is from Rokit's thread.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just feelin the love,and I wanted to share it.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

I too am glad the everyone isn't all about fasion and popularity. Most people (that I have come across that is) that are all about that are stupid and rude. I am glad to be a part of this, while at the beginning I knew i'd never see halo 3 till the pc version... and now i'm going to get it. But that doesn't matter. Who cares if I ever get to play halo 3. I'm just glad to be a part of IRIS and am glad to work with some good people.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

While I may have never helped much in any of the openings (workable clues, the works), every time a server opens, you guys who helped, really deserved it, not just because you help unlocked the tru7h, but also because.. oh, it's just hard to put these to words.

Great guys like you, deserved a applause. And for the rest, for joining and contributing. Who knows, perhaps it was your half-baked idea that gave another a inspiration that worked.
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

*wipes tear from eye*

I love you guys too!!
Cortana
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Cortana »

So I haven't been here for awhile and a lot has happened, after KP banning me from the irc I end up getting scooped up by the benevolent and merciful Kroze, taken to Comic Con where I met Holy Joseph Staten, St. Eric Nylund and The Blessed at Roosterteeth(Whom took care of me when I collapsed the last day at Comic con).

So a lot has happened due to this little game, I have met some awesome people as well as had some run ins with the not so awesome. I had been at args irc since the banning and have found a community of friends, with this influx of new people coming to the args.irc I hope to meet more friends and collaborate with them in regards to the arg. Huzzah for the new Haloic Alliance of CI/ABO at ARG.Irc...where the benevolent and merciful call home.

EDIT: I'm flattered that you like my color.

-DH