StarImages Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

StarImages Discussion

Unread post by TheJoseph »

Main Discussion: Other threads related to starimages and the overlays will be immediately be sent to the recycle bin

I figure it could come in handy, so here it is. I took screenshots to preserve the guides in order to line things up perfectly and used Lighten layers to keep all the stars visible. It's very big, and I'm sorry for that, but the original image sizes had to be preserved. (EDIT: Don't mind the crosshairs in the image - that's my fault during screenshotting. Also, I resized and positioned the Artifact Location screen's image with the others in a separate image below.)

Sable found that we have a picture of the Boomerang Nebula, so keep that in mind if you want to dig for clues. But, the fifth StarImage could just end up being a big picture of earth with the glyph pointed at South Africa, so don't get too excited yet. Also, the Artifact Location page might actually be displaying StarImage5 - the glyph is right for it, and there are stars.
A compilation of StarImages 1 through 4 from the IRIS Halo 3 ARG.
A compilation of StarImages 1 through 4 from the IRIS Halo 3 ARG.
StarImgaes1thru4.jpg (454.45 KiB) Viewed 20976 times
This compilation is the same a the previous one, but with the background of the Artifact Location page added.
This compilation is the same a the previous one, but with the background of the Artifact Location page added.
StarImgaes1thru4PLUS.jpg (482.92 KiB) Viewed 20913 times
Kammy
Data [Conditional]

Re: StarImages 1-4 Compiled (Image-Heavy)

Unread post by Kammy »

Has anyone found any form of significance in the flashing lights on the boomerang starmap page? or is it random?
Eran[ExRarne]
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Eran[ExRarne] »

The Loc....
The location of the artifacts? We might be on our way to actually finding Boomerang (for real this time)
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

The stars are almost gone...

And, just an idea, maybe the stars align with cities (NY, LA, etc.) and the large bright star lines up over somewhere in the U.S.

EDIT: I think something ELSE will open up within the day.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

I pointed this out before, but apparently no one saw it... If you refresh the Artifact Location webpage, the stars are re-plotted in different locations. It seems to be random, so I don't think we can use it for anything. Give it a try!
Proof:
ArtLoc1.jpg
ArtLoc1.jpg (93.95 KiB) Viewed 13889 times
ArtLoc2.jpg
ArtLoc2.jpg (86.07 KiB) Viewed 13885 times
ArtLoc3.jpg
ArtLoc3.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 13884 times
...of course, it is very possible that if you overlay a few of these, then find a few stars that are common to them all, there may be something worth finding there. Who's got time to Photoshop? ;) :)
Last edited by ii otnemem ii on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Re: StarImages Discussion

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

moderation bump
TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by TheJoseph »

I think you're right - this Artifact Location page isn't StarImage 5, it just has the glyph for the fifth artifact - that's the area of the puzzle that this piece belongs to. When we get StarImage 5 from Server 5 (or Server 1), the puzzle should be completed. The Stars never seem to completely wink out, and there's always just a couple left at the end. Those, too, seem random.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

If you invert the colors to Artifact Location you will notice a glyph behind the box where you enter text.

Perhaps it can be used with the starmaps?
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

is it just me or are the star map stars getting larger in size?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

After all the stars dissapear, certain pixels usually balck continue to blink white in about the same random way that the stars dissapeared.
Is anyone else getting this or is it just my computer?