WILD Speculation - Halo is Now

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Re: WILD Speculation - Halo is Now

Unread post by tygron »

Meh i've been wanting to see transformers.... this makes me wana see it all the more.... is the add still showing? If so then I need to go like..... this weekend.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Two words: Dramatic license.

What other trailer do you think people were likely to remember after seeing another Michael Bay special effects blowout like Transformers?

"Dude, what about when Optimus blew off the Statue of Liberty's head, man?"

"Dude, that was so not in Transformers. That was a preview for coming attractions!"

"Righteous."

But I digress (specifically, to 1991.)
halosavior
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by halosavior »

How could it be a Halo movie in any way? I mean the trailer took place during the present time and what would a Halo movie be without a well known Halo character? And it would totally screw up the timeline of Halo. Nice thought though.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

halosavior wrote:How could it be a Halo movie in any way? I mean the trailer took place during the present time and what would a Halo movie be without a well known Halo character? And it would totally screw up the timeline of Halo. Nice thought though.
Well, I sort of addressed the "current time line" thing, in that I think Iris might be setting us up for modern day forerunner/covenant involvement on Earth in some way. And without a recognizable Halo character it would be...well...new? They did it with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (which was arguably crap, but I too digress).

As to why the flood would take off the statue of liberty's head, it could have been accidently blown off by the meteor-type things shown (reminds me of when MC and the crew hard dropped onto Halo for the first time in H2), or blown off by something that didn't give a rats behind about a giant metal lady.

Av mentioned the Halo bible, which is a good point. Chances are that something was written between the first firing of the Halo's, and Halo CE (besides FoR). I recognize that it takes place in the present day, its sort a key part of my original theory. I wouldn't put money on it yet, but I get more convinced every day.

I also like the cthulhu theories. It works just as well or better, but god would I kill for a BA alternate story in the Halo Universe (aside from the aforementionted Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as MC (however I would like to see it costarring Gary Busey as The Arbiter. He doesn't need much makeup and he's looney enough for RL suicide missions).
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

I think it's clear what happened to the Statue of Liberty--the Ghostbusters were driving it using the power of love, in an effort to fight the Flood. And the Flood, using the power of hate, won.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Maimbot 9000 wrote:I think it's clear what happened to the Statue of Liberty--the Ghostbusters were driving it using the power of love, in an effort to fight the Flood. And the Flood, using the power of hate, won.
Sounds like an episode of The Smoggies (or The Suntots, depending on where you live), or Captain Planet. Remember that slightly effeminate fellow with the monkey had the power of heart or some garbage?
halosavior
Data [Conditional]

Eh I don't still don't buy it. Even if it was a Halo movie you would think the Earth would keep something in its history books about a parasite that they could use during the Halo time line. Also how would we be able to kill the Flood now days? Seems to me we wouldn't stand a chance.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

We're also assuming that cloverfield will take place in our time line. It is perhaps a safe assumption, but what we saw doesn't eliminate from consideration that it is in line with Halo CE or thereabouts.

In the short film Arms Race (download it off XBL if you haven't seen it, it's pretty cool) they show the construction of warthogs, soldiers being fitted and armed, as well as a pelican. The means of construction and setting for the film (what looked like an oil barge) weren't so "super future-y" that they were unrecognizable from our own time. The movie could take place in the future, just not the future of the Jetsons.
halosavior
Data [Conditional]

Dalthanas wrote:We're also assuming that cloverfield will take place in our time line. It is perhaps a safe assumption, but what we saw doesn't eliminate from consideration that it is in line with Halo CE or thereabouts.

In the short film Arms Race (download it off XBL if you haven't seen it, it's pretty cool) they show the construction of warthogs, soldiers being fitted and armed, as well as a pelican. The means of construction and setting for the film (what looked like an oil barge) weren't so "super future-y" that they were unrecognizable from our own time. The movie could take place in the future, just not the future of the Jetsons.

Touche'
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Dalthanas wrote:We're also assuming that cloverfield will take place in our time line. It is perhaps a safe assumption, but what we saw doesn't eliminate from consideration that it is in line with Halo CE or thereabouts.

Actually, it takes place on January the 18th, 2008. It is evident on their official page as all the pics have the date stamped on them. In fact, I'm thinking 1-18-08 is the title, the time it takes place, and the release date.