Runtime Error?

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

Runtime Error?

Unread post by Doug52392 »

I tried unlocking a server, I came SO CLOSE to, had a key and everythign, but when I clicked on The Path, it said "Server Error in '/Tr89ex' Application." What happened? Alot of other people got this same errror. Will this happen fo rserver 5 too? Is there really even any point to contunuing to play this ARG after what I just went through?
Zeouterlimits
Data [Conditional]

Re: Runtime Error?

Unread post by Zeouterlimits »

Are you in it just to win a prize?
It's been said on these forums many times, that's not the reason you should be playing.

ALSO: META FORUM
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Zeouterlimits wrote:Are you in it just to win a prize?
It's been said on these forums many times, that's not the reason you should be playing.

ALSO: META FORUM
Agree, Meta - however, being someone who has followed this ARG from the beginning, and who is on more than I should be.... I can understand the sheer frustration. I'm not in it to just win a prize. I started following when nobody knew about any prizes. However, following the forums religiously, wracking my brain, updating the page every 10 seconds for like 2 hours today, looking around with everyone else, having a key and then... and then... an error. It is SO deflating. There is validity to the collective wtf by people who got to this point, without them being greed driven swag monkeys. It's frustrating that someone who sits back and does nothing except when their desktop viewer changes gets rewarded. Today there was 60 guests online, not to mention the most members I've ever seen on, some of those members who have never posted. Its not to say they're not working things out on their own, but chances people for whom the system worked beat out those of us there first, and for the right reasons, who got stopped by a bug. Don't be so quick to judge those who are upset.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

What's worse is that the error wouldn't go away if you kept trying the link. But closing and reopening the browser would solve the problem.

ie, you get to the page, click to sign in, get the error. Ok, let's try again... (back) (click) (error). I sat there for seemingly eons hoping the error was just temporary. Last check 89 keys were used. Someone said to close the browser and try again, and boom it worked, but it was too late.

THAT is why I'm greatly enfuriated. :evil:

Alas, we now have more content to pore through, and hopefully a very well thought out Iris story and plot
Squetomee
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Squetomee »

Doug52392 wrote:I tried unlocking a server, I came SO CLOSE to, had a key and everythign, but when I clicked on The Path, it said "Server Error in '/Tr89ex' Application." What happened? Alot of other people got this same errror. Will this happen fo rserver 5 too? Is there really even any point to contunuing to play this ARG after what I just went through?
I got one as well, but I got the error when signing into my windows live id.

Grr.

Edit: Also, restarting my browser doesn't fix it. http://af.rdir.us/ct?52/0 still shows a runtime error.
Camth
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Camth »

Squetomee wrote:Also, restarting my browser doesn't fix it. http://af.rdir.us/ct?52/0 still shows a runtime error.
Same here...
Dan the Stick
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dan the Stick »

Even though I wasn't by my screen when keys were handed out I still got the error. I'm just afraid that opening server 5 may be similar...but hopefully it won't because all openings of the servers have been completely different.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Doug52392 »

I am taking extra precautions for server 5. I downloaded EVERY Web browser known to man, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, right down to NCSA Mosaic. I created 2 new Windows Live IDs. Anything else I am missing?
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

[Copy, Paste what theBruce said in here]

Whats so maddening is that after dozens of hours WAITING and WAITING, you get the perfect chance to be stopped by...a sloppy server error.

*Note to self* Close all explorer windows and click on the newly found bounce path.