server 5 stuff has been found already

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

server 5 stuff has been found already

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

This was actually found on the chat before server 4 even opened (whoever found it please post I forgot who it was)

Anyway this IP was found http://206.16.223.76/

And on the chat people brute forced it by guessing passwords – boomerang is the correct password

Amazingly this was found even before server 4 and the boomerang constellation image was found, so well done to whoever found that

I didn’t find any of this, but I think it’s the next step in the ARG - ive seen lots of posts alluding to this, but i decided to make a topic as a lot of members wouldnt know about this as they wernt in the chat.

EDIT: On August 13, 2007, the Artifact Location page added "081607" beside New York, Seattle, and Los Angeles. What this means is unknown. Stay tuned! - Avateur
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Re: server 5 stuff has been found already

Unread post by Scelus »

It wasn't guessed. Someone downloaded the .swf and looked through the code.
dwknaisch
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dwknaisch »

i dont have a microphone but if you right click and say settings it asks to allow to your microphone or camera! :ugeek:
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

Because the password was to be found through the server 4 content, I would assume the link to the IP is also somehow to be found in the server 4 content. IP scanning was a brute force tactic, and won't be the real way it was supposed to be found (as with the password being in plaintext in the flash source)
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

dwknaisch wrote:i dont have a microphone but if you right click and say settings it asks to allow to your microphone or camera! :ugeek:
That is your Macromedia / Adobe Flash settings.

The little window that pops up has nothing to do with IRIS.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

thebruce wrote:Because the password was to be found through the server 4 content, I would assume the link to the IP is also somehow to be found in the server 4 content. IP scanning was a brute force tactic, and won't be the real way it was supposed to be found (as with the password being in plaintext in the flash source)
i think the ip will be given to us via a website or something soon, i think the only clue for server 5 we have so far is the boomerang nebulla image

but yeah what im trying to say is, the ip will be given to us in some other way, just like the fcc number was given to us in a internet add i reckon we have to wait till we see that

just llike with sota, we got ahead of ourselves a step lol
Ryu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ryu »

Well I thought I would post this since I havent seen anything about it yet.

After clicking the link Sharpsniper99 posted, I was looking through the source file. Found this link http://www.akqa-staging.com/topsecret.xml From there I back tracked to http://www.akqa-staging.com/ both are very odd. Nothing really there, just odd.
dwknaisch
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dwknaisch »

Van Helsing wrote:
dwknaisch wrote:i dont have a microphone but if you right click and say settings it asks to allow to your microphone or camera! :ugeek:
That is your Macromedia / Adobe Flash settings.

The little window that pops up has nothing to do with IRIS.
i know the window has nothing to do with iris but maybe if you allow it to do that you cold say a key word or even show a pic?
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Ryu wrote:Well I thought I would post this since I havent seen anything about it yet.

After clicking the link Sharpsniper99 posted, I was looking through the source file. Found this link http://www.akqa-staging.com/topsecret.xml From there I back tracked to http://www.akqa-staging.com/ both are very odd. Nothing really there, just odd.
That was discovered in the Server 4 Up! thread, but it's been moved to the recycle bin and locked, so I don't blame you for not finding it. It essentially contains the xml code that runs on the page. Doesn't seem to be much more at this point but a host.
Ryu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ryu »

In the xml it says the out comes for the cities are random. So what I see wont be the same as what you see.(I think who knows).