We got shafted.

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

We got shafted.

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

I am REALLY angry right now, and that's after taking some out on Star Trek Legacy. I came right after Server 2, and didn't feel bad, because I didn't know about it after all. Then I missed Server 3 because I was in Florida looking at colleges for astrophysics. NOW I miss Server 4 because I don't have an MSN account, just Windows Live ID, AND because no one has the sense of posting the BPC!

I work hard for this site. I am the one who came and retrieved vital info from CI for this forum. Meanwhile, I get nothing and some noobs who don't do ANYTHING, just scavenge from any hints while I'm running around helping people. I pull 11 hour shifts for this group, watching over the site. I can't even be a mod because there are so many its almost a bloody party of mods. I have no job, no school, no girlfriend, and basically no life during the summer, so I give my all to this group and yet watch as people who don't deserve these packages get them, (some perhaps more than 1).

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Please lock and put in recycle bin.
halosavior
Data [Conditional]

Re: We got shafted.

Unread post by halosavior »

I don't think complaining is going to solve anything, it usually never does. Perhaps you can try a different way of getting what you want. You see that one way doesn't work, so wouldn't it make sense to try something else?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Oh, no. I don't expect it to solve anything, but what it will do is help put my anger on record. Also, notice I am the one that suggested it get immidiately locked and stored away.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

I understand your frustration, but man. Are you putting all that time into this game just to get a t-shirt? Aren't you enjoying playing?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

To Omega:

It's not just you. I get to sit by and do the same (though I do have job, etc etc), and watch as my friends get royally screwed as Microsoft messes over everyone because they don't know how to work their stuff. No surprise there, but still. It's unacceptable in every way, shape, and form. I had a key and tried to enter it so I could at least obtain a package for my friends who were unable to get by, and then I got RUN TIME ERROR on my screen, when I didn't from those other urls people were posting that were unrelated to Server 4. What is that? So many got screwed out of this, not just you. Many thousands feel for you, and each other, sir.

To Maimbot 9000:

While it is about playing and enjoying it, there is still a reward being offered that many want. Many here are hardcore HALO fans, and a shirt is golden. It may be greedy, but hey, blame Microsoft for throwing it to us. Still, with so much hard work and then being beat back by a RUN TIME ERROR, that's pretty frustrating. Many are upset. There's no avoiding it. Plus, venting is better than going out and doing something truly worth regretting.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Maimbot 9000 wrote:I understand your frustration, but man. Are you putting all that time into this game just to get a t-shirt? Aren't you enjoying playing?
Playing? Playing what, this is a scavenger hunt in which team play is core. The problem this time was that it happened to fast for the group to win, just individual.

Thanks, Avateur. It actually helps to know someone who's been here forever is in the same boat.
halosavior
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by halosavior »

Yeah who cares about a t-shirt? I mean this game really shows how deep Bungie's story runs. From how in depth it is you can probably say they've been planning all of this since the release of Halo: Combat Evolved. Best part of the game is that you get to know more about the story in fun ways.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Again, I understand the frustration, but this is the fourth server we've unlocked; we all know the drill by now and how incredibly unlikely it is that anyone will get a key. Plus, unless you personally figured out how to get to the new server address, can you really claim you "deserve" a key more than anyone else? As this whole drama unfolded, everyone was scrambling to keep up with new information being posted about how to get to the servers. If you contacted that Volman bot over instant messenger, got the server address yourself, and still didn't get a key, then yeah, that's incredibly unfair. But if you, like most of us, were just following what other people were posting...

Edit: You know what, I'm being a total brat. Sorry, please disregard. I think I have something of a point, but there's no reason for me to kick people while they're down. This game would be so much nicer if there weren't prizes. It's a well-intentioned addition that leads to no end of frustration and anger for most.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

Main, as mentioned, there is legitimate reason for many to complain in this instance. Many (including me) HAD keys, but weren't able to enter them because of a server error, which could easily have been averted.

It's not about not getting there in time, but those of us who were working to solve it, technically, should have unlocked the server. Those of us unlucky to get to the server error in the process of unlocking were 'shafted', while others who didn't, weren't. That's the meat of the complaining that's going on this time.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Fair enough, now that everyone has their own reason to be frustrated....locky?