Halo3.com = Updated???

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Halo3.com = Updated???

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

My "Update Scanner" just told me that halo3.com was updated, i cant find anything new, im thinking just a small fix since that a server unlock just happened last week, but hey, anything can happen...

Tell us if u find anything new.....
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Halo3.com = Updated???

Unread post by KLind »

I think it's weird that theres no Server 3 image up.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Nope nothing new for me.
churcchh
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by churcchh »

The screen shots have been updated plus the "device" thing that was used to unlock server 3 isn't there any more
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

churcchh wrote:The screen shots have been updated plus the "device" thing that was used to unlock server 3 isn't there any more
'The device' is there for me...

was graveminds picture always being "updated archive infomation pending by installation systems"? it probably was but im flakey... also how come server three still shows as "unlocked" but has all 100 keys entered? wait... i probably have to "unlock" it myself dont i? under "the device" pic? >< i dont have a mic!@*#!?!!! doh!

edit: doh.
Last edited by supremely on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

The devise is still there.

Oh and no you don't have to unlock it. But i did find it wiered that theres no pic for it.
churcchh
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by churcchh »

srry,i over looked the device,it is about 3am here though(yawn)
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

The text is there based on the contents of an outside file. The flash, however, has not been updated with the new pic. Lazy MS workers.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

All the content on that site is loaded externally using XML files,

I would doubt you'd get an update of any 'content' because, as far as the actual flash is concerned, it's the same XML files being loaded, except their content has changed.

Unless your 'Change-o-meter' can detect differences in all externally loaded files, I'd be surprised you'd be able to detect anything major (Unless they adapt their html file. In which case, you could pick up those changes. But those changes wouldn't be, or shouldn't be, given their file structure, anything "OMGZorz important".

Then again this site uses whole new FLASH / PERL / AJAX / etc technologies never seen before, or even used. Plus it's built by Microsoft, so who knows the full extent of it.

Just a few thoughts from a Web Designer,
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Yep, good analysis. The site does run on one aspx, though, for the "Server Locked" text, and is located off-site. In any case, the only important change to the site would HAVE to be in the xmls.