Keys for Unlocking servers

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Keys for Unlocking servers

Unread post by supremely »

Unr3alChi3f wrote: Also, there is a certain someone in CI that shall remain nameless has been working to get more than 4 packages, one for himself 3 for his siblings, and possibly more for his friends!
1. what is CI? (i know i should pay attention more).
and 2. and i agree, stuff is cool but isnt it more about just getting the bragging rights that you actually opened a server? like, you participated when everyone else out there is like: arg what? and on top of that you actually unlocked some secret microsoft/bungie made conspiracy!!! its ultimate nerdom at its best. you should be happy just to get all that i think... i mean i want stuff too but its not as important as proving how big of a :ugeek: i am.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

I just got lucky being in the irc for server 2...(darn thing exploned with "SERVER2 ACCEPTING KEYS NOW!!! [linkage]") While I will go as far as going through the puzzle to the servers I won't enter the key... that is if my prize comes... yes while this isn't for prizes i'd like to be abe to say I got something for my efforts. I'd do more to help... thing is I don't have tools like photoshop or flash to do anything with the things provided. (and if I did it would be solved before I got a chance.)

(i'm a nerd too... and proud... wait till every one at school realizes I have a better job and i'm popular... in the future that is...)
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

CI stands for CompoundIntelligence, the group created at Bungie.net dedicated to Iris. They are located here

And I believe the proper term is geek. We're HALO geeks, not nerds. Nerds are the bad.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

The only problem, and I really hate to say this, is that it doesn't appear that Bungie or MS are encouraging the 'share' attitude, because ultimately, there's nothing stopping anyone from unlocking more than 1 server. If they meant it to be a community sharing type deal, they would impose more of a restriction that if you've unlocked one you can't unlock another. So while it may be frustrating and a huge pain that people are trying to horde swag, they're just following Bungie's lead.
It's we the community who are trying to convince people to 'play fair', when the definition of fair is something we made up in this case because there's swag. :P

It would be great if the PMs would add a restriction level to stop people from unlocking more than 1, and even from a marketing standpoint, what would that do - maybe lose up to 500 people (after a couple of months) consistently playing because they got their swag... out of what, 1000's upon 1000's, possibly 100,000 or more who are still playing...

*shrug* we won't know their motivation for the structure of the compaign until after it's complete, if at all.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

I think its one of those things where they give out some stuff to entice a whole load of people, but only give out enough for some. Therefore, they ensure they market the game to 10x as many people as they gave out prizes to.

Just a guess though.
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

I guess my 2c will fit in, maybe...

The other thing is, this may not be the only prize...you have seen that there are Halo launch events out there. Invites to those, or other things may also be in store...the swag may be just a place holder (more viral by the way with the shirt and the gamer pic is certainly a badge of honor) for the real prize to come...
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Unr3alChi3f wrote:
Injunfett wrote:I have read the post about people thinking that if you unlocked a server before that you should not unlock another one.

But listen to what I have to say.

The First server unlocked Codes for XBL, A Shirt, and A Copy of the comic from halo 3 there all cool and there all nice to have.

People from Server 2, get the Shirt, A Code for XBL, and a Signed copy of GoO which to me is a better win then the people for server 3 prize wise.

Now when people start to get there rewards from Server 3 I have a feeling there going to have something even more major then what was unlocked in server 2.

There are a couple more servers left And I think the rewards are going to get alot bigger, so I think if you have a chance to get a key code that people should go for it.
Ok, this is what i have to say about this...

Yea, people might receive bigger and/or better packages as the number of server unlocks increase, people that received previous packages might be jealous but seriously people, aren't u happy about at least receiving a package in the first place? There are thousands, probably tens of thousands playing this game around the world. And out of those many people playing, only 500 packages get sent out. People has got to think about the other people that needs a chance of having a prize.

Also, there is a certain someone in CI that shall remain nameless has been working to get more than 4 packages, one for himself 3 for his siblings, and possibly more for his friends! Come on people, in this game, people has to play to win not just have a friend to play for you! You have to take the time in this game, figuring out clues, contributing to the community, and work hard if you want to win....

So yea, there are my two cents in this thread...
I have to say that is the genreous thing that I have ever heard. That kid should atleast get a piece of swag for acctually doing so.

I did get in Server 1 and 2. I was one of those that first came and registered on Server 1 and 2 when we found. I feel like an Idiot, but I was excited.

You should be happy to get a package, and if you want everything that is really greedy. This was acctually for marketing and they weren't going to give swag out but they thought they would.

The Server 03 people would atleast get something like a Halo 3 action figure that hasn't been released yet.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

thebruce wrote:The only problem, and I really hate to say this, is that it doesn't appear that Bungie or MS are encouraging the 'share' attitude, because ultimately, there's nothing stopping anyone from unlocking more than 1 server.
i think if they started putting up "rules" then that would require them actually admitting they put this together thus making it all "fake" and not "real" like its suppossed to be and then whats the fun of that? I think they trust most people to do the right thing in all cases. Now, im not saying what that right thing is cuz im here to show off my NERDDOM.
ps. geeks might be cool but i still want to a comic book reading, starwars quoting, boardgame playing ultra-nerd :) (im working on all that though >_>)
ps.ps. YES! im authenticated!!!
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

rules as along the same lines as asking for an age... quite meta. But not like blatant disclaimers that you can't receive a reward if you already received one, but rather a tracking system to only allow people in the context of the game/plot to help unlock one server max. There are ways to do it, but having it open to the rabid fanbase means there would be people who would 'cheat' their way around any checking system... which may be another reason they decided to forgo that level of restriction anyway... people would find a way around it (such as using alternate mailing addresses, fake names, fake usersnames, etc).

ah well. best we can do is hope to be around and fast enough when a server gets opened. :roll:
Dunia
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dunia »

You never know.

The person who unlocks all 5 servers might win a "Brand New Car"!!

I've gotta say that Halo colored G6 looks ugly.