[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - Keys for Unlocking servers
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:15 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Keys for Unlocking servers 
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post Re: Keys for Unlocking servers

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:15 am
Profile YIM
Data [Authenticated]

I just got lucky being in the irc for server 2...(darn thing exploned with "SERVER2 ACCEPTING KEYS NOW!!! [linkage]") While I will go as far as going through the puzzle to the servers I won't enter the key... that is if my prize comes... yes while this isn't for prizes i'd like to be abe to say I got something for my efforts. I'd do more to help... thing is I don't have tools like photoshop or flash to do anything with the things provided. (and if I did it would be solved before I got a chance.)

(i'm a nerd too... and proud... wait till every one at school realizes I have a better job and i'm popular... in the future that is...)

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:19 am
Moderator [Designated]

CI stands for CompoundIntelligence, the group created at Bungie.net dedicated to Iris. They are located

And I believe the proper term is geek. We're HALO geeks, not nerds. Nerds are the bad.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:58 am
Data [Authenticated]

The only problem, and I really hate to say this, is that it doesn't appear that Bungie or MS are encouraging the 'share' attitude, because ultimately, there's nothing stopping anyone from unlocking more than 1 server. If they meant it to be a community sharing type deal, they would impose more of a restriction that if you've unlocked one you can't unlock another. So while it may be frustrating and a huge pain that people are trying to horde swag, they're just following Bungie's lead.
It's we the community who are trying to convince people to 'play fair', when the definition of fair is something we made up in this case because there's swag. :P

It would be great if the PMs would add a restriction level to stop people from unlocking more than 1, and even from a marketing standpoint, what would that do - maybe lose up to 500 people (after a couple of months) consistently playing because they got their swag... out of what, 1000's upon 1000's, possibly 100,000 or more who are still playing...

*shrug* we won't know their motivation for the structure of the compaign until after it's complete, if at all.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator [Designated]

I think its one of those things where they give out some stuff to entice a whole load of people, but only give out enough for some. Therefore, they ensure they market the game to 10x as many people as they gave out prizes to.

Just a guess though.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:13 pm
Data [Authenticated]

I guess my 2c will fit in, maybe...

The other thing is, this may not be the only prize...you have seen that there are Halo launch events out there. Invites to those, or other things may also be in store...the swag may be just a place holder (more viral by the way with the shirt and the gamer pic is certainly a badge of honor) for the real prize to come...

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Data [Authenticated]

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:11 pm
Data [Authenticated]

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:31 pm
Profile YIM
Data [Authenticated]

rules as along the same lines as asking for an age... quite meta. But not like blatant disclaimers that you can't receive a reward if you already received one, but rather a tracking system to only allow people in the context of the game/plot to help unlock one server max. There are ways to do it, but having it open to the rabid fanbase means there would be people who would 'cheat' their way around any checking system... which may be another reason they decided to forgo that level of restriction anyway... people would find a way around it (such as using alternate mailing addresses, fake names, fake usersnames, etc).

ah well. best we can do is hope to be around and fast enough when a server gets opened. :roll:

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Data [Conditional]

You never know.

The person who unlocks all 5 servers might win a "Brand New Car"!!

I've gotta say that Halo colored G6 looks ugly.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next