Star Images

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Re: Star Images

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

I've noticed that some stars disappear...But stranger is the fact that some stars appear...
Img:
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

maybe this will help:

starimage 1 only: red
starimage 2 only: green
both: yellow

the thing i notice is that the ones exclusive to image 1 are 'large'. normally you wouldn't be able to tell if they are just close or extremely huge, but in this case a lot of the large ones exclusive to image one seem to be binary systems. look at the original images, they have more detail than my composite. this means they are CLOSE systems (which takes care of my lightspeed complaint earlier). if we are able to resolve two distinct objects, as we can here, we much be relatively close to the stars in question.

the ones exclusive to image two seem to be smaller, and less red.
Attachments
processed star images.jpg
processed star images.jpg (69.28 KiB) Viewed 7113 times
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

t0rm3n7 wrote:I've noticed that some stars disappear...But stranger is the fact that some stars appear...
Img:
http://www.freewebs.com/tauruspro/starappearance.gif
THIS is what I was wondering about, but didn't have time to dig into. Good find.
BTW, there are a BUNCH more that appear, not just the ones you circled. I am assuming, though, that you knew this and only circled a few to direct attention, rather than enumerate.
Glad to see there are still some details that we missed while focusing on the large changes.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

ii otnemem ii wrote: BTW, there are a BUNCH more that appear, not just the ones you circled. I am assuming, though, that you knew this and only circled a few to direct attention, rather than enumerate.
Glad to see there are still some details that we missed while focusing on the large changes.
all the ones that 'appear' in star image 2 are green in my image. also, i cropped the thing down to only the relevant part of the overlap. by controlling the color swatches and using the 'difference' tool in photoshop layers, i was able to color-code the two different images. then i overlayed them with a little transparency so we could see everything and get a nice color mix.

like i said above, red stars are the ones that are in starimage1, but NOT starimage2. green is the opposite, and yellow is for the stars that are in both.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

take a looksie at this too:

the 'star' with the red arrow to it is all lopsided. i know a lot of these things appear to have protrusions or whatever, but those are just binary/trinary systems, and they look to be composed of spheres. THIS sucka looks like two ovals. i don't know about you, but if I were a massive ball of superheated gas, i would obey the laws of gravity. unless something was destroying me or something.

i can't ever tell if the analysis we are doing is too deep or not. good way to pass the time though.
Attachments
StarImage1 wtf.jpg
StarImage1 wtf.jpg (54.62 KiB) Viewed 6996 times
t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

@ ii otnemem ii: yes i did see that, but the ones i circled were closer to the glyph, easier to reference.

@ scapermoya: It looks like three stars... but it defiantly looks weird.

Has anyone tried to connect the dots, or similarly colored stars?
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

no

and maybe the ones that appear are flood infected worlds, and the ones that dissapear are lost causes, cleansed worlds
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

scapermoya wrote:take a looksie at this too:

the 'star' with the red arrow to it is all lopsided. i know a lot of these things appear to have protrusions or whatever, but those are just binary/trinary systems, and they look to be composed of spheres. THIS sucka looks like two ovals. i don't know about you, but if I were a massive ball of superheated gas, i would obey the laws of gravity. unless something was destroying me or something.

i can't ever tell if the analysis we are doing is too deep or not. good way to pass the time though.
There's another star that looks exactly like that one if it were rotated in the upper-left of the pic.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

It doesn't neccessarily mean we're going to deep by discovering the negative net change in the star count. We don't completely know what the other ways the Forerunners referenced to in that Episode 1 vid before the Halos. Perhaps they tried a localized sterilization through star destruction, seen through these pics?

WHOA, I just noticed that the square of stars in the pics is the Great Square of Pegasus, and the Iris is very close to where Pisces should be, but isn't.