Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

JCCricket
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Unread post by JCCricket »

Hi, im new to the forum, and live in Australia, so cant really "get" anything from the arg, other than the fun of it.
Concerning the "circutry" under the language menu, and the pictures on infestation.jpg, what exactly does this conection mean? That they are forerunner symbols/letters/designs on the infestation.jpg pictures? Is it just something on the infestation.jpg pictures to provide a distraction? Or is there an actual link/clue to them? Just thinking outloud here, it just doesnt seem as straight forward as the first step from server 05(episode1) does it?
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

blankCANVAS wrote:I'm led to believe that we'll use the glyph as an anchor point, and we will slowly reveal more and more of the star map each time a server opens. Anyone agree?
I agree, but why would the infestation progress be coded? If this was the case, it seems as if someone was trying to prevent us from knowing this. It would force us to open all of the servers before we could use any of it. Good from an ARG standpoint, bad from a storyline standpoint (for now...).

EDIT'N: OOoohhh...maybe they don't want us to know because if we know, and are taken over by the Flood, then the Flood will know what is in the final image (--> hive mind). That, or the entity that is sending us all this stuff is testing to see whether or not we are already infected.

Maybe this is all a test to keep the answers out of the wrong hands, the Flood. The Flood are good at assimilating knowledge through brute force, but we, like the Forerunner, are good at figuring things out with our intellect.

EDIT'N 2: This assuming that the Flood infection has spread throughout the universe. The Flood in this galaxy aren't released for another 500 yrs.
Gold_7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Gold_7 »

Reviewing the infestation images some more and (this may have been pointed out already but I dont recall seeing it) I noticed that the grid does not overlay in the same place on any of the images. Using the smaller "planet" (assumption) as a reference the first image has a grid intersection right of center, the second image has an intersection right of center, and the last image has one near the center.

Another thought, is the upper image a zoom in of the red square? Looks more like a zoom in of the smaller planet but...

Later,
Gold
sdwoodchuck
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sdwoodchuck »

I've been away a while, and just came back to find this. Stars disappearing? No idea if it's connected, but it sure sounds familiar, don't it?

"The Pfhor have a weapon they save for slave
revolts; a weapon which even they hesitate
to use in the ordinary conduct of war. In
the language of the Jjaro who conceived and
built the device, it is called the trih
xeem; a fair English translation would be
"early nova".

There is not a single Nakh alive today, and
if you look for their stars, you will only
find ever-expanding clouds of superheated
gas and dust light-years in diameter."
Dunia
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dunia »

ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Ragashingo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ragashingo »

Very good find. So the first infection image is visible light and the third is infrared. So what would the second be? X-Ray or RADAR or a sensor scan?
coloneloneill
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by coloneloneill »

i think its a mixture of the two images, because if you look at it closely you can see some blue in the sun....
Dunia
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dunia »

The thing I was hoping to find was if the forerunner design in the corner would correspond to the type of image.

If this could decrypt two of the words.
Ragashingo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ragashingo »

Also it seems we are looking at an Sol type star and a jupiter like gas giant. Now ever Halo we've ever seen has been in orbit around a gas giant.

Of course we could also be looking at Sol and Jupiter...