Conference call password entry topic

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Conference call password entry topic

Unread post by scapermoya »

well if this is something we are supposed to be doing, then the password can only be something we know. there is no way we are supposed to type randomly into the phone.

lets come up with a good list of things to try from the messages, etc. we have gotten:

ghost.713 - g713 = 4713 (just tried it, didn't work)

etc.

edit: i have also tried 53454, 9972, 64562, and 12740 (all from the h3 360)

any other ideas?
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

Don't be so rushed to figure it out. What puzzle so far has exactly been easy? Maybe the password will come later, or maybe we're just not looking hard enough, or too hard. My guess is that it's 4 digits, like the FCC "employee's" pin numbers.
forsakenwayfarer
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by forsakenwayfarer »

A mod should lock this.

How has it been proven? How else do they change the messages? This is dead speculation, ffs I was the one who found the password prompt in the first place. After much thought and once they began changing the messages I can tell you with total surety this is a dead end.
sassafras
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sassafras »

I don't know if this will provide anyone closure on this topic, but I'm familiar with the phone system I think they're using (ie the automated female password voice is exactly what we have at our company and it's a fairly standard product...) Anyway, after you enter a pin number that is valid to the system, it just takes you into a remote administrative dialog where you can change how the system behaves. It doesn't seem to me as if it's set up for voicemail, because (if it's the same system) pressing # instead of * brings up the voicemail business not the administrative dialog, and the voicemail prompt sounds way different. I've tried punching pound, it doesn't seem like they have voicemail set up.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

forsakenwayfarer wrote:A mod should lock this.

How has it been proven? How else do they change the messages? This is dead speculation, ffs I was the one who found the password prompt in the first place. After much thought and once they began changing the messages I can tell you with total surety this is a dead end.
Well said... Locked