Conference call password entry topic

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Conference call password entry topic

Unread post by M4730 »

As (hopefully) all of you know, you are able to enter a pin#/password during the conference call to FCC by hitting *. Forgive me if I'm late to the party, but after trying numerous pin numbers and whatnot, I decided to just wait it out. You are prompted 3 times to enter the password, then the message changes. "I'm sorry, I did not HEAR you. Thank you for calling, goodbye."

Hear? Well isnt that a little strange? I tested to see if it recognized voice commands or other sound effects, such as the Halo3 theme 5 note chime (as chief walks intot he sunlight in the teaser trailer, and twice at the end of the newest trailer). Nothing happened really, but perhaps its a hint to tell us we should be listening for something?

Again, sorry if this has been covered, just something I came across at work today :P
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Conference call password entry topic

Unread post by Van Helsing »

I think the Answering Machine has already played it's part in the ARG,

First and foremost because it gave us sub-folder names on Halo3.com , that led to maps, that led to kiosks, that led to decrypting code, to getting an IP to then finding Sever 2.

Thats my thought though,
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

Aye, but phones played a big role throughout ILB, not that I'm saying they're linked, just suggesting that the phone calls may not be completely phased out yet.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

people are just getting restless after 5 days of NOTHING
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

M4730 wrote:Aye, but phones played a big role throughout ILB, not that I'm saying they're linked, just suggesting that the phone calls may not be completely phased out yet.
I don't think they are done...I think that the next serious of clues will be pretty blatant...
forsakenwayfarer
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by forsakenwayfarer »

The password was only there for them to update the phone messages.

Also, no, the password prompt does not listen to anything. Just looks for numbers. Of which the possible permutations of a 14 digit passcode are around THREE BILLION (3,000,000,000). You are NOT getting this by chance.
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

forsakenwayfarer wrote:The password was only there for them to update the phone messages.
Can you confirm this? Where has this been proven?
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

it hasn't been proven, it is only speculation. these things have never really involved too much 'hacking' though, so i'd say it's doubtful at best that we are to type a password.
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

Then why is this being shot down so quickly?
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

forsakenwayfarer wrote:Of which the possible permutations of a 14 digit passcode are around THREE BILLION (3,000,000,000). You are NOT getting this by chance.
Who said I was trying by chance? And who said it was 14 digits?