We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Simply Greg
Data [Undefined]

Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Unread post by Simply Greg »

Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot, more so than posting because I wanted to read up on everything, but this is by far the most solid theory yet. Although according to this we'll have to wait some time, it's worth it if this turns out correct.

The only thing I missed was when you said 'Memberships are at the start of the lunar month'

What hidden PDF file are you referring to?
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Simply Greg wrote:Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot, more so than posting because I wanted to read up on everything, but this is by far the most solid theory yet. Although according to this we'll have to wait some time, it's worth it if this turns out correct.

The only thing I missed was when you said 'Memberships are at the start of the lunar month'

What hidden PDF file are you referring to?
Go to http://www.societyoftheancients.com/members.html, right-click, View Source and look for the green text. This has been commented out by the web designer, but the file is still on the host server. DL it and you get this (which, surprisingly ISN'T in the Resources forum, as I could see):
H3ARG_SOTA_membership.pdf
(53.45 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
It's not an edit-able PDF form though, so I am thinking we have to print it out, fill it in, scan it and email it to the addy listed. The down side is that it's a dead end for the time being, until the email server begins accepting emails, which I hypothesize will be one of these upcoming New Moons.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

"membership REVIEWS USUALLY happen on the first day of the new lunar cycle."
that doesnt say anything about accepting applications, :|
ii otnemem ii

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:"membership REVIEWS USUALLY happen on the first day of the new lunar cycle."
that doesnt say anything about accepting applications, :|
I stand semi-corrected. Good catch.
But since it isn't open, and this is the only clue we have to when it will open, I'm putting my money on the New Moon. RIP Elliott!
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

we shall see in a couple days (I hope you're right though)
GnubiX
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by GnubiX »

Okay...
I've been lurking for awhile catching up on all of this, and I think I might be able to contribute now.
With all due respect to OP for coming up with the moon phase correlation, I think he has made a slight error.

The Glyph represents not one, but TWO lunar cycles. If we think of the Glyph as a clock, 12 and 6 o'clock are New Moons, while 9 and 3 o'clock are Full Moons.

This means that the Starimage Glyphs fit thusly:

Starimage 1 (with the "moon hand" at about 10:30) shows a Waxing Crescent, i.e. 1/4 to 1/2 of the way between a new moon and a full moon. This was the phase of the moon on 6/20, when Starimage 1 was revealed.
Starimage 2 (with the "moon hand" at about 7:30) shows a Waning Gibbous, i.e. 1/2 to 1/4 of the way between a full moon and a new mmon. This was the phase of the moon on 7/10, when Starimage 2 was revealed.

Additionally, the Glyph that appeared on the actual server 2 shows the "moon hand" at about 2:30, which would correspond to the second lunar cycle during a waning gibbous.

Keep in mind that the 1st Glyph we received, from Server 5, a "New Moon Glyph", appeared on 6/14 and Halo 3 will be released on 9/25. That's TWO lunar cycles apart. So, it stands to reason that our "clock" i.e. the Glyphs, would cover the entire time period between the start of the game and the release of Halo 3.

Based on all of this, here are my date predictions for posterity:

Server 3 will open on 7/20 and will reveal a starimage with a glyph with the "moon hand" at about 4:30
Server 4 will open on 8/8 and will reveal a starimage with a glyph with the "moon hand" at about 1:30
Server 5 will open on 8/13 and will reveal a starimage with a glyph with the "moon hand" at high noon

Just my 2 cents.

edited because I'm dumb and was off by ten days on the release date. oopsy.
Last edited by GnubiX on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

except that it comes out on 9/25
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

:o
you really did think hard on that, now go check out the spetrograph and look the the branches that some speculate to be the lunar phases and give us your thoughts on that
ii otnemem ii

GnubiX wrote: The Glyph represents not one, but TWO lunar cycles. If we think of the Glyph as a clock, 12 and 6 o'clock are New Moons, while 9 and 3 o'clock are Full Moons.
What is your basis for this?
When the moon is at the 12 o'clock position in relation to Earth, it is a New Moon (all black).
When it is at 6 o'clock, it is a Full Moon. That's just how it is. It doesn't make sense to reverse/reorder those.
Oh, and you're 10 days off with the release date.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

I stand semi-corrected. Good catch.
But since it isn't open, and this is the only clue we have to when it will open, I'm putting my money on the New Moon. RIP Elliott!
i guess i didn't realize how popular elliott has gotten. he lived (and died) in my neighborhood.