While we wait for e3... Iris at ABO needs a team name.

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Re: While we wait for e3... Iris at ABO needs a team name.

Unread post by writer87 »

id rather be here honestly, just because of my preference to the interface. its more User friendly.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Why exactly can't we have a team name? And to be totally honest, the only site we wouldn't be able to keep up without is Bnet, because that's where AR *(and his sucessor) post.

I get that we've been helped by a coupla sites, but we'd have got there in the end anyway.

A competiition isn't necessary just because we have a name. Although it must be said, a new name isn't really necessary. We're just "those guys from over there, you know, ABO"
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

ABO is actually very well known, especially coming from HBO. CI, UF, B.net, etc etc get plenty of info from us, and vice versa. Without them, there is no us, and without us, there is no them. Yes, the grammar is that way on purpose.

ABO also contains the two people to decrypt the code and figure out that it leads to the Server 2 unlock site. They know who ABO is. We know who they are. The time being taken to figure out a team name or "compete" with our brothers and sisters in all of the other forums could be devoted toward speculation and digging for new things in the ARG.

What I'm saying is, ABO will most likely stay ABO. I don't see the Admins deciding to change it. There's no real reason to beyond ego, from what I've seen anyway. Of course, this is only my opinion.

EDIT: And at B.net (not CI, B.net) as of this edit (3:40am PST) there's a couple threads linking to topics and downloads from ABO, and people loving the finds. CI has similar. Just making a point. ABO is not some obscure reference.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

ok, seeing how the other "team" is CompoundIntelligence, how 'bout we go with Hive Mind, or something similar, being that our knowladge is shared and such
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

The bungie.org family of sites has a long history of being the voice of the true bungie community, and keeper of the (public) canon. Bungie.org did not start with Halo (hbo) as some would like to believe. Before Halo there was ONI and Marathon, and before that, Pathways into Darkness.

Most of any activity that has not taken place on bungie servers themselves have been directed towards bungie.org, lending more to its credibility than anything else could. Not knocking any other sites out there, but most are not in it for bungie-verse knowledge...most are in it for just a game with prizes.

Side rant: I wish they would do something of the like for Marathon...maybe some hidden messages in the terminals...or change them, just a tad... just to mix it up and make everyone replay it that much more intensly...
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

I like "Sufficient Biomass". Commandgettit!
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

i second that
RandomSunchip
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by RandomSunchip »

I'd rather not have a name. It takes away from the co-operation of this ARG. Plus, more people know us as ABO.
Orpheus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Orpheus »

no.... rivalries are bad, instead we should just not fight and work on figuring out this arg
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Orpheus wrote:no.... rivalries are bad, instead we should just not fight and work on figuring out this arg
No we should be like "HAH, WE FOUND OUT BEFORE U DID!"

jk :)