did the "breaking" of the ARG foul up the waters?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Coweh
Moderator [Designated]

Re: did the "breaking" of the ARG foul up the waters?

Unread post by Coweh »

Yeah, I dunno. I've been frequenting the forums less and less (as my mod duties aren't really useful when nobody's talking about anything)... I don't think we missed a clue, because it would be well within MS/Bungie's limits to expose to said clue if it were looked over, but nothing has happened. Thus, we continue waiting.
Prae7orian
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Prae7orian »

The idea that there was indeed some sort of foul-up, and server 5 (i.e. the last one to be opened) was exposed by some strange accident, is just sounding more and more likely to me. I can't think of any feasible reason why there would be a nice flow of information when this first started, and then after the first (or the fifth, depending on what that 'server 05' really means) server opened, we have this huge lull now approaching 3(?) weeks, save for one or two new AR posts...

This is really unfortunate, because if the flow of information was messed up, how would they continue the story without actually admitting a screw-up?

EDIT: Well, I guess we now have a new lead with this whole FCC thing lol.
NightmareRec0n
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightmareRec0n »

I don't think we are missing anything. I mean people are going over the IPs daily and their is nothing new. I think MS has to make this last another 2 months, SO they can't be moving as fast as before.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

paitence people! these kind of things rarely move on a daily basis... I'll kick myself for comparing again, but ilovebees only updated twice a week at best. Others only updated once a week. The fun of all this is speculating and playing - not demanding consistent updates. They have a schedule, they'll follow it, possibly adjusting if need be. Sit back and enjoy the story as it unfolds.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

I don't think we missed any thing. I think they had just named server 1 server 5 cause of a typo. Things like that happen. Further proof of this is in the download-ables. "star image 1" That means there may be more and we will need to put them together, maybe.

(wow that was a workout typing that... i'm on my Wii right now.)
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Corbob »

To me it seems like the ARG is revolving around the servers right now and if we unlocked the wrong server the would quickly correct it. It also seems like the data we have from the "first" server isn't that crazy important. I mean it just doesn't seem like the end of a story. Also, why would there be a July date for the phone number in there if it was meant for the end of the game??