Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

MrToasty wrote:Took a little work to get these out of trio.bmp
Definitely need to know what tools you used to get those. Haha

Anyway, I updated the main post.
MrToasty
Data [Undefined]

Re: #EVILAWAKENS Discussion

Unread post by MrToasty »

(Almost) purely Photoshop this time :) To dig the images out that is...
Each of the color channels in the image (trio hint) was actually binary data stored as columns. All 3 channels started with the same values in the first column (grayscale pixels) so I looked up the ASCII values and they gave the start of a PNG image header. From there I flipped and rotated the image so the data was now row oriented. Then I copied each channel to a new image, saved them as RAW images and simply renamed the file extension to .png. Blue looked almost black so it had to be equalized.

Edit:
Just saw this in the original blue.png file too:
/START FILE//CLASSIFIED//RAIDER/EARLY REPORTS FROM IMBRIUM MACHINE COMPLEX FACILITY ARE POSITIVE - TESTING IS STILL UNDERWAY BUT SO FAR THE TEST SUBJECTS EXHIBIT THE DESIRED EFFECTS FROM THE UPDATED FERAL DESIGN./END FILE
General Vagueness
Data [Conditional]
Location: Flint, Michigan, U.S.A., Earth, Sol system, Orion arm, Milky Way, Virgo supercluster

Unread post by General Vagueness »

My guess is the first person to put all these together and enter them in order will get something special that's game-related (maybe something normally restricted to pre-orders or certain retailers or maybe a map pass or whatever they're calling it) along with some canonical information that will either still be cryptic, or kind of explain what's going on but not 100% and tie in to Halo 4.
Also I think it's interesting how they said there wouldn't be an ARG and, well, here we are. Maybe they realized the reasons against it were kind of dumb, or maybe Frankie doesn't speak for the whole studio as much as we (or I) thought.
Mariachi
Warden

Unread post by Mariachi »

I really dont see this as a true ARG. It is more likely just really cleverly done viral marketing. Whatever you want to call it, you guys are doing an amazing job of sussing out the information and following each breadcrumb. I am excited to see what unfolds.
tombomb
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by tombomb »

thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

General Vagueness wrote:My guess is the first person to put all these together and enter them in order will get something special that's game-related (maybe something normally restricted to pre-orders or certain retailers or maybe a map pass or whatever they're calling it) along with some canonical information that will either still be cryptic, or kind of explain what's going on but not 100% and tie in to Halo 4.
The info text from the red plane is a little vague, but to me it implies the codes will be for anyone to retrieve via waypoint, though might be tied to accomplishing certain in-game achievements perhaps. Being logged in to waypoint, on is likely already connected to one's gamertag, and thus they can know if you've completed any game tasks. That's the way I see it. For a long, slow reveal like this, I highly doubt it's a single code that can be retrieved only once by one person and the first person. For one it wouldn't be fair, there'd be an uproar from people who put so much time and effort (ymmv) into all this to get nothing in return, yadda yadda... smacks more of a player-reward once revealed than a 'prize' for one person.
General Vagueness wrote:Also I think it's interesting how they said there wouldn't be an ARG and, well, here we are. Maybe they realized the reasons against it were kind of dumb, or maybe Frankie doesn't speak for the whole studio as much as we (or I) thought.
Not an ARG. =P
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

tombomb wrote:found this http://www.lethbridgeindustrial.com/wp- ... 0/AWKN.jpg

there is also some talk over at http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/1 ... al_thread/ about whats going on
Both have been noted in this post.
General Vagueness
Data [Conditional]
Location: Flint, Michigan, U.S.A., Earth, Sol system, Orion arm, Milky Way, Virgo supercluster

Unread post by General Vagueness »

thebruce wrote:
General Vagueness wrote:My guess is the first person to put all these together and enter them in order will get something special that's game-related (maybe something normally restricted to pre-orders or certain retailers or maybe a map pass or whatever they're calling it) along with some canonical information that will either still be cryptic, or kind of explain what's going on but not 100% and tie in to Halo 4.
The info text from the red plane is a little vague, but to me it implies the codes will be for anyone to retrieve via waypoint, though might be tied to accomplishing certain in-game achievements perhaps. Being logged in to waypoint, on is likely already connected to one's gamertag, and thus they can know if you've completed any game tasks. That's the way I see it. For a long, slow reveal like this, I highly doubt it's a single code that can be retrieved only once by one person and the first person. For one it wouldn't be fair, there'd be an uproar from people who put so much time and effort (ymmv) into all this to get nothing in return, yadda yadda... smacks more of a player-reward once revealed than a 'prize' for one person.
I agree that it wouldn't really be fair but I thought that happens sometimes, and it could be the first X number of people instead. I'm not sure what you think this is.
Mariachi wrote:I really dont see this as a true ARG. It is more likely just really cleverly done viral marketing. Whatever you want to call it, you guys are doing an amazing job of sussing out the information and following each breadcrumb. I am excited to see what unfolds.
thebruce wrote:
General Vagueness wrote:Also I think it's interesting how they said there wouldn't be an ARG and, well, here we are. Maybe they realized the reasons against it were kind of dumb, or maybe Frankie doesn't speak for the whole studio as much as we (or I) thought.
Not an ARG. =P
How is this not an ARG?