#EVILAWAKENS Viral Discussion

Moderator: Moderators

General Vagueness
Data [Conditional]
Location: Flint, Michigan, U.S.A., Earth, Sol system, Orion arm, Milky Way, Virgo supercluster

Re: #EVILAWAKENS Viral Discussion

Unread post by General Vagueness »

Firstly, for anyone not caught up, here's the latest video, alluded to above, and here's the picture hidden in it. It turns out that picture has a short hidden message and there's another video inside the picture, which contains another glyph.

Beorn on HBO did pretty much all of the work and thebruce has already added the new glyph to his lineup.

What I was thinking about in my last post is how I was messing around with the hidden picture and found out it has weird transparency going on all over, not just at the bottom. The green_fixed.png here from trio.bmp didn't have that, it looks like it's just a radial blur effect, so there goes that. Here's the fully opaque version of the hidden picture above, in case anyone wants a better look. There's a skull and crossbones on the rocket launcher, I forget, was that seen before (weapon skin)?
I just went and looked at the transparency weirdness more and it looks like it's just the data already extracted and a sort of viewport. Here it is, in case anyone cares.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Hey guys.

Considering that HBO has gone dark, how would you guys feel about disabling forum registrations for the time being? Considering that HBO went offline to prevent spoilers, we should kind of be doing the same.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

I don't know... seems there's still missing content, and this may be the next most relevant place to discuss. We can't just shut down anywhere on the internet people can share spoilers :P As long as around here people remain on topic, I think it'll be fine.
Still waiting for more transmissions, and more puzzle pieces.
General Vagueness
Data [Conditional]
Location: Flint, Michigan, U.S.A., Earth, Sol system, Orion arm, Milky Way, Virgo supercluster

Unread post by General Vagueness »

I agree with where you're coming from thebruce, but he just said maybe registration should be turned off, not posting. I'd be against that too but this forum has been mentioned several times on HBO and people had a heads-up the HBO forum would close (although not as long as I think it should've been, i.e. at least a day), so they could've signed up.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

oops. yeah, missing the 'registration' part. "LOCK DOWN" just blared out at me =P
Beorn
Data [Undefined]

Nov. 2nd Bulletin

Unread post by Beorn »

Hey all,
The bulletin from today has another puzzle... Here's what I've seen so far:

In the Section 3 area is an image called "empty.png", which contains this text:

Code: Select all

..\images\mc?-???-???-???-???-???-???-???\classified.mp4
Additionally, in Section 3, where it says "//CLASSIFIED/ . ", notice that the period is a link to this page:
http://download.halowaypoint.com/conten ... alert.html

That Alert! page shows a screenshot that seems to contain some glyph bits scattered around (thanks, Bruce!). Inspecting the page source, however, shows a thousand or so lines commented out saying "IGNORE". Somewhere in the middle is this string:

TVRoZAAAAAYAAAABA8BNVHJrAAAAbQD/IAEAAP8DFS8vQ0xBU1NJRklFRC8vRT1tYzMvLwDAWwCQNECWQIA0AACQNkCHQIA2AACQN0CHQIA3AACQNkCHQIA2AACQOUCHQIA5AACQN0CHQIA3AACQNkCWQIA2AACQNECeAIA0AAD/LwA=
This appears to be a Base-64 encoded blob of some sort, but all I've gotten out of it so far is:

MThdÀMTrkmÿ ÿ//CLASSIFIED//E=mc3//À[4@–@€46@‡@€67@‡@€76@‡@€69@‡@€97@‡@€76@–@€64@ž€4ÿ/
The "E=mc3" part makes me think this is tied to the "images\mc?-..." MP4 URL from above, but I'm not sure where to decode it from here. I tried decoding the Base-64 blob into several different character sets without luck. Anyone have any good ideas?
MrToasty
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by MrToasty »

The Base64 is a MIDI file (attached). Still trying to figure out if the number of IGNORE comments or number of characters per line means anything or what more can be done with the MIDI.
ETA: looks like I can't attach here, but you can grab it at unFiction.
Mariachi
Warden

Unread post by Mariachi »

I dont know if it means anything, but there is some weird Diadact stuff showing up on now on Xbox.com as well as the Mountain Dew Promo page dewxp.com.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Mariachi wrote:I dont know if it means anything, but there is some weird Diadact stuff showing up on now on Xbox.com as well as the Mountain Dew Promo page dewxp.com.
I'd like to think it's nothing, but with everything that has been going on, I'd like to think that we leave nothing unchecked.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

10.30.12 -- 51° 30' 20" N - Building - Adam Grumbo

It appears that I live ten miles away from this particular location.

I'll visit later today (work and classes prohibit me from going right now), to see what is going on.

A sidenote: All of the coordinates so far are in Home Depots...

Whoops. Combining this with the other coordinate data puts us in Tower Bridge in London.