EM Anomaly

This is the place to discuss thoughts, theories, and speculation concerning Bzzt! Arg

Moderator: Moderators

thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

EM Anomaly

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Case 1:
"Ghost" dressed in Orion armor, the sort worn by F484, interacts with and incapacitates Raschad in Cryo 2. Strange glyphs appear.

Case 2:
Anomaly appears in Helen's AI datacore at the same time she's sending a message to tell off the Captain, including a description of the appearance of Orion armor by a nonprofessional observer. Helen appears to not even notice it.

Whatever this thing is, is it on our side? What does it want? What is it trying to tell us?
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Re: EM Anomaly

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

Perhaps an attempt to communicate is in order? Either written or 'battle sign'?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

PsycoJoe wrote:Perhaps an attempt to communicate is in order? Either written or 'battle sign'?
How do we communicate with something that shows up spontaneously?
Do you think we could leave a message for it somewhere?
Maybe we can get it to hijack Helen for us somehow?
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

This is my paranoia talking. How do we know that the anomalies aren't affecting Helen the same as Hive? Granted, that last would be genuine, but the 'remote' stuff? What if she's just playing along?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

PsycoJoe wrote:This is my paranoia talking. How do we know that the anomalies aren't affecting Helen the same as Hive? Granted, that last would be genuine, but the 'remote' stuff? What if she's just playing along?
Hive just seems to be getting encrypted messages so far, and is willing to tell us anything. Helen is getting possessed by a ghost, and normally will tell us nothing.

That seems to be the pattern.

If she is lying, we'll take it into consideration as we go along.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

An idea: Once our man has recovered from the coma, have him placed on 'special duty/medical observation' status. Pair him with Jacobs (one of the witnesses of the first sighting) and try to communicate. I like the idea of going 'low tech', if we have any to issue.

EDIT: Jackson, not Jacobs.

Don't know if Wolfe would be up to it at the moment.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

We got another Large visible anomaly.

It wants Raschad and Wolfe to go to the place that no longer exists, and then once there to a place that no one can find.

Also, it was designed to protect them.

On the one hand, I'm inclined to think about this being an event of external creation, but the thing with the MAC cannon makes me think otherwise. We're talking about magnetics and slipspace, combined into a rare event. I wonder, is it possible that Raschad's time in the cannon and the strange material are what's causing the EMA? Think about it; what if it allows projections of his subconscious. Raschad gets scared, so the Anomaly appears.

Either way, we need to study this thing, and we've been given a way to force the anomaly's hand; put Raschad in danger.

Still not sure about the degree that Wolfe fits into the picture...but her appearance and mention is twice too many for my taste.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

thereIwasn't wrote:
It wants Raschad and Wolfe to go to the place that no longer exists, and then once there to a place that no one can find.
The name of the place is 23 Zulu, Olympia Training facility, Reach.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Come to think about it, maybe the Anomaly appearance in the MAC cannon was C463? Consider how she was at sparring...

Which makes me think...
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Now that the device is up and running....

Perhaps our man Raschad should chant 'olly olly oxen free'.