In an attempt to not muck things up:

This is the place to discuss thoughts, theories, and speculation concerning Bzzt! Arg

Moderator: Moderators

thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

In an attempt to not muck things up:

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Recently, some of us, myself included, have made comments to one character or another that may severely jeopardize our stances with one character or another, usually out of ignorance of what character knew what thing. Therefore, I think it's extremely important that we know who knows what about what other characters.

Captain (YOU): You know military regulations and whatever the other characters are telling you. Stick to the facts we've been given, or general aspects about the Universe itself (like knowing what an Elite is), as made-up facts may prove wrong, or get us looked at suspiciously.

Hive: Hive knows almost everything about who we are in contact with, except for ONI information, and what data we've discussed in private with Helen (found under her apology). A recent mistake made here (by me) was an assumption that Hive knew the content of one of those messages to Helen.

Helen: Knows about ONI, but sticks moslty to regulation. She doesn't know everything that we've discussed with Hive, and up until a recent mistake didn't know that we were being fed information by Chair either. We have released limited information about our discussions with Chair as a result, but that's about it. She also doesn't recall being hijacked by the Anomaly.

Chair: Knows about ONI, but is able to go around military regulation. As far as she knows, only us and perhaps Hive are seeing her messages. She is also not aware of the data that the Encryptor is putting into her messages.

Encryptor (Not Myung): Knows nothing about anyone but their intended Orion contact, likely F484. Also probably has guessed by this point that we aren't them due to direct questioning by two or three players. Recently shown to be someone other than Myung.

Anomaly: We must assume that it knows little or nothing of what's going on.

Our Executive Officer (XO): Knows a little about Orion, courtesy of Raschad, but doesn't know for sure about how we or any other characters tie into this.

Muldoon: Probably also knows a tiny bit about Raschad's history, due to psych evaluations, but isn't up-to-date on anything else.

Raschad: Had Orion procedures done on him and probably knows plenty, but doesn't know that we know that. Unknown as to if he could Identify the Anomaly.

Wolfe: Saw the scene with Raschad, likely has an idea he may be Orion. Knows nothing else.

Crew (as indicated through sample): Are suspicious, and know that there is an Anomaly causing issues, but not much else about it at this time. They also know of the ONI prowler in the area, but not its purpose.

I'll edit this as people become more linked, or if we mess anything else up. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone keep this information in mind, so we don't have any court-martials, riots, or computerized attacks to deflect.

If anyone has anything else to add or revisions to make, leave a post, and I'll update ASAP.
Last edited by thereIwasn't on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Re: In an attempt to not muck things up:

Unread post by Carver »

Actually Raschad isn't an Orion. He was merely a test subject for certain procedures intended for Orions. He was offered the chance to become and Orion but refused.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Carver wrote:Actually Raschad isn't an Orion. He was merely a test subject for certain procedures intended for Orions. He was offered the chance to become and Orion but refused.
Noted and fixed.
Arithmomaniac
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Arithmomaniac »

Helen knew about Chair confessions form the get-go... She was stripping the headers and once directly commented "how pathetic".

Arithmomaniac (phone)
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Arithmomaniac wrote:Helen knew about Chair confessions form the get-go... She was stripping the headers and once directly commented "how pathetic".

Arithmomaniac (phone)
So then why are we getting this reaction out of her now?
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

Helen said that "I shouldn't even know that you're in communication with her." Hinting that even if she does know, we weren't supposed to tell her about it?

Too much guesswork, too long a shot. Should we ask her about it?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

I don't think we should. The fact that neither of us is being court-martialed, especially Chair, shows that the writer doesn't want us to be focusing on that. Again, our goals should be the plot, not the little specifics.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

No problem, at this point it does seem that chasing our ghost in the shell may help advance the story and maybe even the encrypted messages.