Some thoughts and theroies

This is the place to discuss thoughts, theories, and speculation concerning Bzzt! Arg

Moderator: Moderators

ErrantVagrant
Data [Undefined]

Some thoughts and theroies

Unread post by ErrantVagrant »

Wow. Work gets extra heavy for a few days and suddenly I'm left in the dust. But I've been working hard to get caught up. Let's see what I've got.

Anybody else notice that the time/date stamp has been missing from the Chair messages? I went back through the forums and realized that we haven't seen them since about the time that the corona started to go. Then it looks like Helen starts removing them. I'd say it was a PM covering but they wouldn't call attention to the it and then keep doing it. Maybe a clue?

Somebody is lying. Helen says that what Chair does isn't Helen's concern, right? But then why is Helen so anal about security clearance? Wouldn't she get on us about communicating with Chair? Unless if feeding us information IS authorized. But then why would Chair have to find a secure and secret way of sending us information? One or the other is lying here, but I'm not sure I want to find out who.

I think this is an AU to the Halo canon. First, all references to Spartans are avoided like the black plague. Secondly, Chair says that opinions about Orions changed in 2535. In the next message from her she talks about the Covenant attack on Harvest as if that was the catalyst of the change of opinion. Whenever she mentions a date it seems like the numbers are off. None of them match up with canon. Notice how they're still more focused on the innies during and even after F484 graduates and now there's a bunch of data about the covenant attacking. Also wouldn't everybody know that Master Chief saved the day? That seems like a huge waste of PR if ONI covered that one up. It would have completely justified the Spartan program and made the UNSC and ONI look like dream children. This could be a simple story of "What if John hadn't been chosen?"

I think maybe Hive is F484. He was built from a smart AI who was built from a human. His legacy code focuses a lot on pain. The encrypted data is all old old old prewar stuff. So what if F484 died, they AI'd him, the AI went rampant, they make Hive. Now odd things are going on and they're trying to remind F484 of what's up because only F484 had the data that everybody needs. Hive said that he can't directly access his legacy code but it seems that he can be affected by it, so the intel they need might still be in F484 and they're trying to coax it out of him. Chair said that a group of Orions ended the war. What if they're still out there and are these ghosts? ONI needs F484 to bring them back in or something.

Dat image. Is it just me or does it look like a child drew a christma stree?

That's it for the moment. Maybe more after I finish folding this load of laundry unless I go to bed. 84 hours this week and likely the same next week. I keep reminding myself that I need a new car.
ZackDark
Data [Conditional]

Re: Some thoughts and theroies

Unread post by ZackDark »

I definitely agree that this is an AU from Haloverse. The rest, though, is too well-thought for me. ;p I would never come up with such deep theory.

Last message by Chair almost proves this is an AU. A wormhole to a Halo Installation? Orions sent as research team? Operation: MJOLNIR?
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

That, and the discovery of Halo occurs in 2559, with the Covie war still raging.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

DHalo wrote:That, and the discovery of Halo occurs in 2559, with the Covie war still raging.
Unless we misinterpreted the point. When was the remainder of the covenant resistance finally wiped out? According to HBO, the end of Halo 3 took place in March of 2553, but the Elites were still worried about their home planet. I don't see why a war against the remainder of some covenant empire might not continue for some years later. I mean, as tacticians, I just can't see the prophets and other races as being stupid enough to place all of their high-ranking officers on High Charity; some of them ought to have been scattered about various other planets, space stations, ships, etc.

Also, both us and the Covenant only really knew the positions of 2 of the 7 Halo rings (unless we picked up the coordinates at the end of H2) so a Halo ring that no one else knew about that we could access by taking a jog down a corridor on reach would be a huge and very important technological find. Remember, unless you count the Ark or shield worlds, the Halo Rings have been the largest forerunner constructs that humans have been able to reach and take notes on.

Either that's the case, or we're going to have to declare Alternate Universe very, very soon.
The Loot
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by The Loot »

Unless this has some other explanation, I'm going to be a little dissapointed.

I had held out some hope that this might be something related to 343's plans, but if this ARG is really "AR", I can't see them behind this. What would be the point of making up an alternate Halo? (Reach notwithstanding)
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

Still plausible, though.

Reach was slagged, yes, but six years after the events of Halo 3....

The planet would have cooled enough to allow a properly suited 'visitor' time to explore (for possible survivors, usable hardware, etc). It's not out of the realm of possibility that the 'walk in tunnel' leading to a third ringworld could have been discovered underground. Especially if ONI was actively looking for it. Seems they have a habit of putting bases on or near Forerunner artifacts. (The glacier at Sword Base, the titanium mines at Castle where the time distortion crystal was found....)
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

But they insinuate that the Halos were found in 2559, which they were not.

And I never believed that this was official but it is still fun to follow.
Victor-055
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Victor-055 »

But they insinuate that the Halos were found in 2559, which they were not.
If ONI found them first, then they would probably have kept them secret. So it is still possible.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

She IS ONI. How many records are needed of "first discovery" if everyone is shown it at a different time?

EDIT: So "Dread" basically proves that as of 2559, Reach has not been attacked, we started moving humans onto the Halos, and the encrypted messages are almost 100% to F484. AU for sure.
SonGoharotto
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SonGoharotto »

ErrantVagrant wrote: I think this is an AU to the Halo canon.
Alas, yes. Chair's "The Big One" and "Dread" emails confirm that this is not only AU, but that the entire ARG is officially a fan-product. No way 343i would do anything like starting up an AU off-shoot of the Halo IP.

Still well constructed and intriguing, but between work and wanting to play Dragon Age, my interest in this has lessened significantly. :|