EM Anomaly: Corridor 12-04-08

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Hive
Data [Authenticated]

EM Anomaly: Corridor 12-04-08

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! Alert! There is an EM anomaly in corridor 12-04-08. Security teams and medical personnel have been dispatched.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Re: EM Anomaly: Corridor 12-04-08

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! The EM anomaly has dissipated. There were no injuries. Eye witness accounts detail that a trash receptacle was crushed into a cube-like shape along with its contents. Security has collected it for further analysis. They report slight magnetic properties, which is unusual for aluminum.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

Hive,

How long did this anomaly last? 8 minutes? Pass me Security's report regarding this object when it's available.

Magnetised aluminium? No additional metals lined along it by accident? Run some simulations to see if radiation spikes, EM activities, slipspace radiation might also result in it being magnetised.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! The EM anomaly only lasted six minutes. I waited to give you the report as I was still receiving details from eye witnesses and security personnel.

Bzzt! We have identified the source of the magnetic properties. There was a slight molecular rearrangement in the rubbish allowing it to first bond with the interior of the trash receptacle and to increase its magnetic properties. Helen and I suspect that this was the cause of the restructuring of the receptacle. How this molecular rearrangement was achieved is still unknown at this time.

bzzt! I'm starting to get annoyed by all of this, Captain. I should be able to figure things like this out. I'm a Spacebee! Things like this should be within my capacity to figure out! I would give almost anything to have a week with the technology capable of these feats. Imagine what it would do for our ability to complete our missions! But instead, I can't even begin to guess how this is possible.