Alert: EM Anomaly, Junction 14-7-18

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Arithmomaniac
Data [Conditional]

Re: Alert: EM Anomaly, Junction 14-7-18

Unread post by Arithmomaniac »

Arithmomaniac wrote:Let the three of them know that slandering a war hero will not be tolerated. If they have evidence, they can submit it through the proper channels - but they'll definitely need a ton of evidence. Otherwise, I'll go back to the regulations and find more charges to throw against them.
Actually, belay that particular part if Raschad's identity is plausibly deniable to them.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Re: Alert: EM Anomaly, Junction 14-7-18

Unread post by Helen »

It's an observed phenomenon amongst older ships using newer systems that are placed too close to the MAC corridor. Sometimes unpowered MAC rails that are not properly grounded are affected by the radiation and electromagnetic fields given off by an Underpowered Drive Spin Collision and Field Formation (Planned and Compensated), such as those that are performed upon a drive installation to ensure that all systems are connected properly. During the process of the field discharge, the energies react with the rail, causing the discoloration of the corridor. The rail is often rendered unreliable by this phenomenon and must be replaced.

Interestingly, some artists strive to recreate this phenomenon. Works of art that display it can be sold for millions more than they otherwise would.

Also, I have "filled him in" on all pertinent details to allow him to successfully operate the device without betraying any classified information. Not the easiest of tasks, I should add, but CN Raschad seems quick to pick it up.