Good news

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Helen
Data [Conditional]

Good news

Unread post by Helen »

Captain, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I believe I have found a way to possibly strip away some of the interference caused by the EM anomalies. I know it wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but at this point I believe that any sensor readings that we discover from it would be beneficial.

The bad news is that not only will this take time to prepare, but it will be a fairly bulky system. Definitely not man-portable. We'll also have to have it at the location of the anomaly in order for it to be effective.

I'm sorry, Captain. It's the best we've gotten so far. Hive and I will continue to work on a better solution. In the meantime, would you like us to assign some crewmen to start working on the system? And if so, where should we set it up?
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Re: Good news

Unread post by Carver »

Helen and Hive,

How long to build? Can we expect CN Raschad to be ready to return to active duty again by the time it's completed?

If so, build it and put CN Rachad and CN Peters on security detail for the device, alongside any tech personnel who may need to run it. I would prefer it it were just Raschad and Peters who were with the device, if possible. Position the device near where we are linked with the station, but not close enough to be in any danger if an airlock malfunctions. Instruct Raschad and Peters on how to operate and troubleshoot the device, and make sure it's plain to them that if any unauthorized personnel even so much as breathe on the device, I'll stick them on EVA duty and mess hall cleanup for a month. Give them sketch pads and pens/pencils, too. Just in case. Also, have extra audio and video sensors installed in a 20m radius around the device.

Thank you.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

Captain, it will take approximately 56 hours to build the device by my current calculations. Assuming that nothing happens to delay construction, of course.

Hive tells me that right now CN Raschad appears to be fine. However, medical wishes to keep him "a bit longer" for observation. This is understandable. Some of the methods used to make him fit for duty may have been permanently altered by his incident. Assuming that he doesn't muster out like he is talking about, I will put forth an advisory for him to be examined by ONI doctors. This incident could provide us valuable data to treating Orion IVs.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! I will update the duty rosters as soon as construction is complete.

bzzt! Finally! I've been itching to get a closer look at these things!
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Carver »

Hive,

Start work as soon as possible and keep me updated. Glad to see you're enjoying your upgrades. You can thank Helen for facilitating that. She didn't want me to say anything, but I just had to see if it was possible for an A.I. to blush.

Also, post my personal override on Raschad's hospitalization once the system of close enough to completion to begin training him and CN Peters on its operation. Their personal experiences with the anomaly, plus their proven ability to not lose their composure when confronted with the apparition, is too invaluable to not take advantage of. Peters' calmer, more observational nature should counteract any violent gut reactions Raschad may have towards the apparition. Then again, Raschad hopefully won't feel as protective over Peters as he did over Wolfe. Hopefully. I'll let Muldoon handle that one, if that's the case.

To appease the medical personnel, Dr. Muldoon, and the ONI paper-brats, I'll set a protocol that Raschad meet with one of the medics for a check-up at the end of his shift every 2 days and he will meet with Dr. Muldoon after his shift every 5th day until this situation is resolved.

And I want to meet with Raschad and Peters personally before we get this whole show on the road.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! The medical personnel are willing to agree to your terms, and are willing to return CN Raschad to active duty immediately if he abides by those terms.

Bzzt! CN Raschad has submitted a formal inquiry. He wishes to know why he is not being taken off duty as punishment for his relationship with PO3 Wolfe. He also has submitted an informal request that if he is taken off duty and musters out at the next port that PO3 Wolfe be allowed to continue her service aboard the Theseus.

bzzt! Helen is to thank for it? She didn't tell me that... I'll have to talk with her about it.
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Carver »

Hive,

Inform CN Raschad that as far as I see it, he's still a soldier, and a damned good one at that. And as far as I see it, I still need him for one more mission. And as far as I see it, as Captain, the way I see it is the way it is, when it comes to my crew.

The fact is, taking him off active duty and letting him put his duty as a soldier behind him wouldn't be any punishment at all. No, he wants to be taken off active duty and muster out. Instead, his punishment will be his reinstatement to active duty with no official report filed about his unprofessional liaisons with PO3 Wolfe. Raschad's own guilty conscience will be punishment enough, though hopefully Muldoon can do a respectable enough job running damage control to earn that bloated paycheck of his.

As for Ms. Wolfe, she will be reassigned to another vessel, most likely a combat-focused vessel where her physical and martial prowess can be better put to use. I will also put in a recommendation that she be given a pay raise and training to become an Instructor. She has potential to be even more frightening than our own XO McAllister.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! I have relayed your orders to CN Raschad.

bzzt! He made several remarks about your heritage and its questionable origins. Many of which cannot be repeated with any level of clarity due to your personal language filters.

Bzzt! I have relayed a copy of this to Dr. Muldoon.

bzzt! Sir? He's laughing. I believe that this is the first time I've heard him laugh.

Bzzt! I have relayed a copy of this to XO McAllister. She professes guilt over having a hand in all of this, and will support your decision in this matter "to the hilt."

Bzzt! She has denied a message from CN Raschad.

bzzt! This caused more comments that cannot be accurately relayed due to your personal language filters.