Installation

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Installation

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! Captain, PO3 Ruddy reports that she needs to install a new piece of hardware and will need to shut me down briefly. As per protocol, I am requesting your permission before she attempts this. She promises that the procedure will last less than ten minutes, and has completed the prep work for it.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Re: Installation

Unread post by Helen »

Captain, I know that you might worry about such a thing, so I will gladly keep myself in the dark during this time frame. I believe your bridge crew is more than capable of handling everything for ten minutes.
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Carver »

Go ahead with the installation, but do a redundant image duplication of Hive first, just in case. Also, have the next highest ranked techie assist Ruddy. I don't want someone mucking around with my ship's A.I. alone.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Reboot complete

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! I am back online.

bzzt! Captain! It's incredible! The peripheral is... It has a Nylund-Andrews processing aid protocol, a virtual shell that I can run processes in that I think might crash or cause a memory overflow, a soft virtual buffer that I can reset so I can hold data without taking up permanent memory, a Hackett avatar buffer to help lower processing needs for displaying myself on holotanks, and more memory than I can shake a stick at.

bzzt! And its physical form is in the shape of a flower!

bzzt! This is the best day ever!
ZackDark
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZackDark »

Glad you liked it, Hive.

Did the crew successfully managed to stay out of trouble without you for 10 minutes?
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! There were no incidents reported. Thankfully.