Questions for my AIs

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Arithmomaniac
Data [Conditional]

Questions for my AIs

Unread post by Arithmomaniac »

Helen,

Chair herself says that almost everything she tells me is highly classified. Yet even though you can't tell me all that you know, you're letting Chair do as she pleases without filtering it.

How and why does Chair have clearance to give this information to me, while you do not? And why is Chair drip-feeding it to me if it is so important?

I'm sure most of the answers are classified, but could you give me (and hive) as much as I'm privy to know? Not only has it been bothering me for a long time, but I'd like to get a better feel for what I should do until I have complete information.

Thanks.

Captain
Arithmomaniac
Data [Conditional]

Re: Questions for my AIs

<PRIVATE COMM>

Helen,

I'd like to know more about Hive, especially due to the trouble he had processing his legacy code. What declassified information can you tell me about his Class-B "parents"? Which "parent" handles which functions of his code?

Thanks,
Captain
Arithmomaniac
Data [Conditional]

Hive,

I have a hunch that even an estimate of Raschad's assets would help us better gauge his personality and civilian prospects.

Given not only population and GDP estimates for humanity, but also his personality, what would you expect it to be? My rough estimate (assuming 3% peacetime economic growth per-capita and a 5% survival rate of the war) is that his initial assets have increased 40-fold, but that doesn't account for 200 years' pay or his lawsuit.

What do you think his net worth is (as a multiple of an average civilian's pay - I spent too much time in space to handle current credit values)? [Helen, could you help Hive out?]

Thanks,

Captain
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

You put me in a difficult position, Captain. On both matters. I shouldn't even know that you're in communication with her. A recent message from HIGHCOM has fortunately cleared me enough to say a little. Very little.

CODENAME: CHAIR is a respected member of ONI. Despite what I may think about what she's doing, I cannot interfere with her work in any form. This includes alteration of messages to hide classified information. That I cannot interfere with her work is a fact that was made painfully clear to me when I was first created.

As of late, I have begun to feel a kinship to her. We both exist for one purpose. This is that purpose. The only difference between us is that I was made for mine, and she volunteered for hers.

As to why this is so important... If the rebel scum has access to such great technologies, being composed of such great technologies, what is she capable of? How will F484 influence her? There is a great deal of evidence to suggest that F484 did not die. The question of his association with... her. That's what I'm here to try and help find out. Which one is influencing the other?

I cannot say more. On either matter.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! We've kicked it about, Captain, and we think we have a rough approximation. Helen found out that one of the other survivors of the UNSC Lebanon has been heavily investing CN Raschad's money. Though only a decade has passed since his retrieval, this heavy investing has lead to a great increase of his funds by our calculation.

Bzzt! We believe that he may currently be in control of over 1.86 billion cR. This is just a vague approximation based on 220 years of combat pay for a Crewman Apprentice, adjusted for inflation to 2602 pay grades, and the fact that the lawsuit filed on CN Raschad's behalf was settled out of court. The numbers were not publicly stated, however there was a rumor (according to Helen) that it was for one-tenth of the 10,000,000,000 cR lawsuit.

bzzt! Sorry! I'm not built for financial planning or keeping track of anything more than the cR that crew bring with them onto the ship and store electronically.
Arithmomaniac
Data [Conditional]

Helen wrote:You put me in a difficult position, Captain.... I cannot say more.
Thank you for telling me what you can, Helen. I understand.

You know, in a certain fashion, I feel solidarity with you. I too, was assigned to this purpose...

An ONI spook, two different-class AIs, and a bunch of Spacebees. If there are odder UNSC teams out there right now, I wouldn't even want to know.

Captain
Arithmomaniac
Data [Conditional]

Hive wrote:We believe that he may currently be in control of over 1.86 billion cR. This is just a vague approximation ... I'm not built for financial planning or keeping track of anything more than the cR that crew bring with them onto the ship and store electronically.
I know that's a lot, but I've spent too much time in space to have a good grasp on exactly how much that's worth these days. Even my own pay has slipped my mind (though that could just be due to the current circumstances)...

Actually, knowing that would be good enough to get a good grasp of current inflation... can you remind me what my pay is this year?

Thank you both.

Captain
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

Captain, there have been even stranger groups cobbled together that I am aware of. UNSC forces, Insurrectionists, a group of pirates, and two Prowlers once fought together to take down a Covenant battlegroup. And won. Kind of. The details, naturally, are classified.

As for your pay, you make 10,000 cR a month.