EM Anomaly: Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine Deck

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Helen
Data [Conditional]

Re: EM Anomaly: Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine Deck

Unread post by Helen »

I am hesitant to mention this. I've spent a great deal of time thinking about your proposal, and I may be able to help.

Due to the fact that it involved some of my Orions, I am familiar with two separate Section Three projects attempting to use a SFTE and the AVAB systems to either lessen the effects of Covenant plasma fire, eradicate it, or simply deflect it. There are two problems however.

The first is the most simple. I do not have local access to any of the data on these projects. Neither involved F484, so they were not shared with me. Secondly, they are highly classified. You know my opinion on sharing classified information.

However, I would be willing to submit a formal (if quiet) request to have this data shared with me, and you. Your idea holds a great deal of merit. Any data we can collect about these anomalies will be of great use to the UNSC and to understanding the situation at hand. Even if all that it accomplishes is allowing us to scan an area under the effect of an anomaly, it will be a step in the right direction.

May I have your permission to access the communications systems so that I can send this request?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Helen, thanks for your help. You have my permission to send the message, provided you cc a copy to Hive for approval of content. I'm sure you understand my apprehension after the last time you tried to use the communications array.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

Of course. That's why I asked permission. I will seek his approval before I send it.

Thank you for providing me another chance.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

You're welcome.

As for the anomaly... How much of the station is complete, and are the completed sections accessible without EVA? If the anomaly manages to slip the snare, I would like to set up a 'meeting area' with signposts to guide it to that area. As a cover, say it's to help those just out of cryo from getting lost.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! As of last shift's report, superstructure is complete. Exterior construction is at 70% completion. Interior construction is at 61% completion. Systems installation is at 52% completion. Observation arrays are at 34% completion. The station is not yet able to function under its own power. The process is lagging due to the EM anomalies overloading some systems before they are properly grounded, misplaced tools and gear, and recovery and repair from the coronal mass ejection.

Bzzt! Currently, all work done on the station is limited to EVA-rated personnel. The station cannot currently be pressurized, artificial gravity systems have yet to be installed, and independent power systems are at 43% completion.

Bzzt! The machinist bays are currently operating to repair all systems damaged by the EM anomalies.

Bzzt! I will begin plotting the best ways to call attention to a meeting area with Helen's help.