[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - You're no fun...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 You're no fun... 
Data [Conditional]

Unread post You're no fun...

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 pm
Data [Conditional]

Unread post Re: You're no fun...
Chair,

Sorry for missing you, but I'm sure you can understand my hesitation to trust any foreign personnel aboard my vessel, especially a spook ship- no offense. Had I known, I would've requested a complimentary inspection of each vessel by the visiting and receiving commanding officers, per nonessential naval protocol 11-B47644, subsection 8C. However, since such an inspection is nonessential and by invitation only, I decided to forgo it for the sake of security. Now I'm craving brandy.

Where would F484 be able to procure cram packs if he was indeed addicted to them? Would he be able to get them through official channels or would he have to resort to the black markets? For that matter...how common is this 'gone eyes' symptom? Would it be noticed by fellow crew members or co-workers?

By the way, next time you decided to slingshot around a sun to show up at my doorstep, at least bring girl scout cookies, won't you? The matching outfit would be appreciated, though not expected. ;)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:12 pm
Data [Conditional]

Captain,

Not much time on my end at the moment. Like I said, I'm a busy bee. (I feel sort of silly saying that. Spacebees and all. I've been reading up on the history of the Theseus and also the Seabees. You must be proud.)

It's not a problem. I didn't have the ability to warn you, after all. I wasn't sure if I was in charge of this op until they checked to see if we really should dock. What else were we supposed to do? Dump everything onto the planet and make you retrieve it? I worry about people some days.

"Gone eyes," as the Orions called it, was both a pressing concern and a non-issue for quite a while. It didn't happen in combat, surprisingly, but down time. This wasn't an issue since after the war started most Orions went from one battlefield to the next with almost all their time in-between in cryo. During Christmas they'd give out "vitamin shots" that tests said would keep them from going eyes for a few days but... The process was never perfected.

If he was addicted (and I still maintain my personal belief that he wasn't) then he would have had to gotten them from the same places that they kept the medical packs for the Kavacha armor systems. He would have had to hack the inventory system, too, in order to keep his actions from being discovered. If he's getting them now? God only knows. He'd need a microbology lab to keep the supply up, plus the recipe, plus the materials, plus plenty of time to make the stuff.

We don't really make much any more for obvious reasons. The brain was never meant to handle that kind of learning. We actually keep it now for therapy reasons. The G3 IVs occasionally need a small dose, maybe once a year, in order to keep their brains working properly. It's not a good measure, but it's the best we've been able to come up with. We also occasionally use it as a "special treatment" for occasional (rare) use. It's all kept under such lock and key it isn't even funny. Just to move 4cc's of it, you need a six man guard team that's monitored the entire time.

Wow, that's a lot for a girl with negative time on her hands and too much HUMINT to review.

Now, for the most surprising part before I sign off... Captain, are you flirting with me?

Sincerely,

Chair

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 pm
Data [Conditional]

Chair,

Flirting? I dare say, that wouldn't be very professional, would it? Let's just call it fraternization with the intention of keeping up morale.

I myself am I busy bee. And your A.I. isn't helping matters. I see ONI doesn't prioritize teaching their A.I.'s manners.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]