Servor Monitar App

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Servor Monitar App

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

With the Servor monitor that we got from the fan kit downloads, will it say Pending or Accepting Keys when the keys are available? (I'm using windows)

Also, in the block on the bottom of my screen that says 'server status', there's an L in a raised exponant like position, will this change depending on the status of the next servor?

Another question, not 100% related. I know that we type in our email addresses before getting a key. Is this at the halo3.com site or at the special URL?
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Servor Monitar App

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:With the Servor monitor that we got from the fan kit downloads, will it say Pending or Accepting Keys when the keys are available? (I'm using windows)
It will say pending before it starts accepting keys. That's how we figured out that the clues to opening the server were out there.
Omega Hunter 9 wrote:Also, in the block on the bottom of my screen that says 'server status', there's an L in a raised exponant like position, will this change depending on the status of the next servor?
Nope.
Omega Hunter 9 wrote:Another question, not 100% related. I know that we type in our email addresses before getting a key. Is this at the halo3.com site or at the special URL?
The whole thing uses your MSN Login, so all your information is already contained there. They don't ask you for anything but the server key code.
Last edited by Facultas Tempestas on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

I have a Windows Live ID, that works right?
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Yup. I have a hotmail account too, so I just use my hotmail login, but it makes you fill out all your info since the mail account doesn't require it. I almost missed server 3 that way. Went to put in the key and it came up that I needed to fill out my info. Lucky me I've got all my info set on autofill.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Yeah, when there are Play and Wins that I register for or even for the Halo3.com website newletter that I signed up for but never get, all my info comes on the screen as pre-filled, so as long as it works off the same engine I should be good.

I'm just curious if the app auto-updates even if it isn't blatantly blinking.
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

I don't know about the application, cause I'm on a mac so I can't use the .exe file, but i use the html code in my blog. As far as the blog thing goes, i had to keep refreshing the page to see how many keys were logged in, no auto updates.