Halo 3 Event At Launch???

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Halo 3 Event At Launch???

Unread post by supremely »

Avateur wrote:A lot of the "truest of true" HALO fans are screwed over due to living in Canada, Europe, Australia, or areas of the US that are nowhere near the huge cities chosen. Even then, other cities that most likely should have been chosen were not. You can tell it was Microsoft picking locations in the US and not Bungie.

Sorry, just had to put my two cents in. It'd probably fit better at HBO or B.net, but since it's being discussed here, hey. :P
lol you totally shut this board down. i personally dunno 'whodunnit' but i think whatever the "mysterious criteria" are, it has got to be for something more than just halo fandom dont you think?..... its worth all of our tries...
EDIT: spelling, i was inebriated...
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Avateur wrote:A lot of the "truest of true" HALO fans are screwed over due to living in Canada, Europe, Australia, or areas of the US that are nowhere near the huge cities chosen. Even then, other cities that most likely should have been chosen were not. You can tell it was Microsoft picking locations in the US and not Bungie.
Hear hear! We didn't even get Kiosk content. How hard would it be for someone to cross over into Vancouver/Windsor from Seattle/Detroit and load us up a disk huh? I would've driven the 3 hours down to Windsor for it... but noooo. Even our Marketplace content is gimped up here in Canada. C'est domage.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

*comforts dalthanas*
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

I know i procrastinated but here was mine... :( :( :( no one laugh.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Edited Name]
Cell: [ ]
Work: [ ]
Home: [ ]
Email: [ ]
Myspace: [ ]
address: [ ]

My name is [ ], I’m a girl, 27 and have two kids that I’m currently playing Halo 1 and 2 with before they’re allowed to play Halo 3. I have a car and a job working for Gamestop and I am totally willing to travel to either San Francisco or Los Angeles. I prefer Los Angeles because my brother lives there. I couldn’t fit the Halo 2 shirts when they came out (of course I got mine at midnight with my limited edition (which everyone had btw)) so I took it apart and re-made it to fit me, pic attached. Before that I made my own bootlegs with printable t-shirt transfers saying “Mistress Chief”. I’m spending the retirement I’ve accrued through my second job on the Halo Zune and upcoming 360, I have half of the Legendary and Limited already paid off. I can’t wait till launch night so I can dye my hair blue like Cortana (which is already her same cut, just styled different). I’ve read the Halo series 3 times and G.o.O. twice. I’ve only recently discovered the IRIS ARG (forgive me!) and have been sucked in to the point I stopped playing mmo’s and I’m doing my part to spread the signal on my Myspace. I missed the opening of the first 3 servers (now I hate having to work >.< I almost cried, but I get emotional about these things) but will do my best to have a share in opening the 4th! Finally as you can see I trust you with all my private info. You know where I live, where I work and could kidnap me if you were a psycho killer named Bob but I really just want to be apart of anything Halo and will do anything to get it. P.S. I know I procrastinated, this was a hard paragraph to write, and re-write and get perfect.

------------------------------------------------------------
ok i know im not getting it but it was a fun shot anyway ^^;

[Edit: no more piccy muaahaha!]
Last edited by supremely on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

supremely wrote:I know i procrastinated but here was mine... :( :( :( no one laugh.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Edited Name]
Cell: [ ]
Work: [ ]
Home: [ ]
Email: [ ]
Myspace: [ ]
address: [ ]

My name is [ ], I’m a girl, 27 and have two kids that I’m currently playing Halo 1 and 2 with before they’re allowed to play Halo 3. I have a car and a job working for Gamestop and I am totally willing to travel to either San Francisco or Los Angeles. I prefer Los Angeles because my brother lives there. I couldn’t fit the Halo 2 shirts when they came out (of course I got mine at midnight with my limited edition (which everyone had btw)) so I took it apart and re-made it to fit me, pic attached. Before that I made my own bootlegs with printable t-shirt transfers saying “Mistress Chief”. I’m spending the retirement I’ve accrued through my second job on the Halo Zune and upcoming 360, I have half of the Legendary and Limited already paid off. I can’t wait till launch night so I can dye my hair blue like Cortana (which is already her same cut, just styled different). I’ve read the Halo series 3 times and G.o.O. twice. I’ve only recently discovered the IRIS ARG (forgive me!) and have been sucked in to the point I stopped playing mmo’s and I’m doing my part to spread the signal on my Myspace. I missed the opening of the first 3 servers (now I hate having to work >.< I almost cried, but I get emotional about these things) but will do my best to have a share in opening the 4th! Finally as you can see I trust you with all my private info. You know where I live, where I work and could kidnap me if you were a psycho killer named Bob but I really just want to be apart of anything Halo and will do anything to get it. P.S. I know I procrastinated, this was a hard paragraph to write, and re-write and get perfect.

------------------------------------------------------------
ok i know im not getting it but it was a fun shot anyway ^^;
Woah, thats nice how you modified the t-shirt...
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

supremely wrote:
Unr3alChi3f wrote:
supremely wrote:
oooooh thats far >_>
anyway i havent written my letter yet but when i do i'll post it with pics! they're not gonna pick me but maybe i'll win my points if i dye my hair blue to match cortanas :P
oh god.... i wonder how thats goin to turn out...
:evil: hey i may be a :geek: but im a cute one :!:
Now with the picture, i can start to actually visualize it, hmmmm..... :)
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

This is part of the game, isn't it? You two have to fall in love for the final server to unlock. Get to it, kids.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unr3alChi3f wrote: Woah, thats nice how you modified the t-shirt...
Thanks! I took the sleeves and made them into the pockets hah. And I slimmed the size XL down to mine.
Maimbot 9000 wrote:This is part of the game, isn't it? You two have to fall in love for the final server to unlock. Get to it, kids.
LOL! <3 Master Chief <3 is the only one for me!!
Last edited by UnrealCh13f on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the Quote...:)
dwknaisch
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dwknaisch »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:This is part of the game, isn't it? You two have to fall in love for the final server to unlock. Get to it, kids.
i dunno how her 2 kids would feel about that lol and their dad? :lol:
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

supremely wrote:
Unr3alChi3f wrote: Woah, thats nice how you modified the t-shirt...
hey you cant fix your own quotes in my posts! not fair!!! :P
dwknaisch wrote:
i dunno how her 2 kids would feel about that lol and their dad? :lol:
er :P there is none. thats why master chief is the only one for me! <3 <3