Halo 3 Event At Launch???

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Halo 3 Event At Launch???

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

This was in this weeks BYU...

-------------------------------------------------

Are you the world’s biggest Halo Fan?

Seriously, are you? We’re looking for one Halo freak from each of the following cities (or close by) for some antics we may plan around the launch of Halo 3. Can’t promise anything will come of this, but if you’re from one of these cities, send us a brief bio and a one paragraph explanation of why you’re the most loyal Halo fan from your region.

New York

Los Angeles

Chicago

Philadelphia

San Francisco

Boston

Dallas

Washington DC

Atlanta

Detroit

Miami

Seattle

Anecdotes, links, even (very small) photos are welcome proofs that you’re the hardest of the hardcore. Age, gender, all of that are irrelevant, we’re just interested in finding out how much you love Halo, and why you think you represent the Halo Nation.

Send an email to: 7thcol@bungie.com in the next week with your location (see above) in the subject line. We’re going to shut this down next Friday (July 27th). Jumbo emails will be rejected, and make sure you include a way for us to contact you efficiently and quickly. Your privacy will be ensured and your information will not be used for anything public without your prior written consent. Can’t tell you much more than that and we’ll only be contacting you if you meet our somewhat mysterious criteria. So don’t hold your breath waiting for a response.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ARG related? i dont think so, but this is pretty interesting...

Im midway between LA and SF which is at least 200 miles away for both cities so i cant enter...
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Halo 3 Event At Launch???

Unread post by scapermoya »

san fransisco launch party here i come!
M3 Rokit
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by M3 Rokit »

And nothing ever happens in Colorado.... =(
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

>_< i hope they dont want to hear what store you shop at and what you'd do for your copy... thats lame cuz then i coudlnt enter. :(
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Legendary Edition of Halo 3 Feature:

The Cortana Chronicles – Jen Taylor, the voice of Cortana, takes us on a tour of the worldwide Halo fan community, where she meets Halo fanatics from near and far, obscure and famous alike.

That's what it is.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Um...can't be. In that case they'd have to make the disc way too long past the certification deadline.
Injunfett
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Injunfett »

(My Email hope its not to long)

Am I the biggest halo fan of all time, No I think not Im pretty sure there is someone out there alot more into it then I am, am I aiming to be the biggest fan well heck yeah!

My parents bought a xbox one day and it came with a demo disk little did I know that demo disk would change my life. Played the demo with my friend once then rushed out and bought the game from that day forward there was no looking back. I have both games, 2 copys of the graphic novel one to read one for mint. I go wake up in the morning and go to HBO just to see the halo news, watch videos look at art work and anything else I can find halo. I go to Bungie and Read the Post there Interact with the ARG going on spending hours chasing clues a day. I been playing with MR HAND on webcam tv and spend most of the day doing that as well. I wear halo shirts almost everyday and played the beta everday and still play halo 2.
I want to not only win for myself but for everyone at HBO that wont get a chance to win, and this would be my chance to have some part with the halo world. I could go on for pages and pages but you wanted it short so I cut it with one last thing PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pick me MC would.

Links to some of the halo art work I like to do sometimes.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/wardrew/fett2.gif

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/w ... lofett.jpg

I live about 40 minutes from LA
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

DHalo wrote:Um...can't be. In that case they'd have to make the disc way too long past the certification deadline.
You're right. It says around the launch of H3 doesn't it...
NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

Hello,

My name is (Edit for great justice) (GT: nate the newt), and I am Chicago's biggest HALO fan. It all started when my Mom bought me an XBOX for Christmas in 2002, and the only game she got for me to play on it was a game that started a love affair that has lasted 5 years and will last the rest of my life. What caught me in HALO wasnt the gameplay, the graphics, or the Grunts that screamed and ran away from me. It was the story, it it was the fact that even though i never saw the main characters face, I still felt a humanly connection to him, one I had only felt in movies and books. From then on I knew that i must know more about the story that brought me to the place i saw in that game, read the books like an addict looking for a fix, I played HALO CE all the way through nearly a hundred times just to make sure I never missed a thing, I was in line at midnight at my local Gamestop for the release of HALO 2 where I spent three months playing the campaign over and over again, to see every last secret, then i got XBOX Live and thats when my little HALO crush became a full on marrige. I spent two years playing, almost every day, for up to 12 hours a day. I've spent more time combing each map for "not sid" and other hidden messages then I have spent playing any other game, EVER. HALO has become a part of my life, with its books, comic's, game's, video's, and ARG's and I am happy to say I am Chicagos biggest fan.

Home Phone Number: (edited for great justice)
Home Address: (edited for great justice)

P.S. Hypothetically, what would I have to do to get one of those WETA Warthogs? Because if its just a matter of money, ill start whoring myself out for cash pronto. Thats right, i would run the risk of catching Herpes or Crabs just to get one of those beautiful machines...
here is mine word for word, I live about 30-45 minutes away from downtown Chicago. i was going to correct spelling errors and the like, but hit Send instead like a moron...
Last edited by UnrealCh13f on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited the name
Injunfett
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Injunfett »

Good deal yours is about as long as mine is!!! I hope you win man