Notice -- How to Unlock Servers -- ALL ANSWERS HERE!

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Notice -- How to Unlock Servers -- ALL ANSWERS HERE!

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

I see people posting about making their birthdate correct. I'm 17 and turning 18 August 1st (possible Servor 3 release?), so I'm wondering if I even need to worry about this. Also, the first post was along the lines of "if you get to this site, act fast". The site is just http://www.halo3.com, right?
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:I see people posting about making their birthdate correct. I'm 17 and turning 18 August 1st (possible Servor 3 release?), so I'm wondering if I even need to worry about this. Also, the first post was along the lines of "if you get to this site, act fast". The site is just http://www.halo3.com, right?
Well, not quite. Things will be clearer when Dave and I release the next video, but here's a gist of how it goes down.
Someone will find an IP address leading to the next server. When you get there (if you're one of the lucky hundred), you'll get a key and enter in a security verification code. On the next page, you'll enter in your key and another security code. If you made it, you'll go to a page telling you how many keys are left. Here's the kicker, though. These forums erupt like Krakatoa when any SIGNS of a server opening come about, but due to the limitations of the lollernets, it's impossible to know about it unless you're on here refreshing the page. Your best bet is to stay curled up inside of the irc channel. If you have an IRC client, go here: [url]irc://irc.bungie.org/[/url] and join #ARGS (if you don't know how, why do you have a chat client? Oh well, just type in "/j #args" without the quotes). Unless you use the irc channel or are lucky enough to refresh when the server is found, you really don't stand a chance :/

EDIT: My bad, the birthday IS needed. Apparently if you're under 18, you'll get a birthday error. Best bet is to turn 18 before the next server opens :P
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

I have no idea what an IRC is, and the link you gave didn't work. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for clearing up the points I listed, since I thought all I would need to do is keep tabs on the official site. Well, at least since I'll be home during the projected Episode 3 release (August 1-3), perhaps I may get lucky!
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. It's like a way to IM between a bunch of people at once. I use mIRC: http://www.mirc.com/get.html
If you download that, the irc link I gave you will work. Or, you can use Bungie.org's own client which doesn't require you to download any IRC client. You can get to it here. You may need to click "Yes" on the security warning. Once everything loads up, type "/j #args" into the command line at the bottom and it'll take you to the ARG chatroom. Ask for Ibeechu, and I can walk you through from there. :)
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

It said that that wasn't a channel. I'm sorry if I seem oblivious, I'm new to the whole conspiratory work. Oh, and the security warning doesn't show on my page, just on the bottom of the windows display, wierd.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Yeah, that is wierd.. I guess you'll need to take your chances with the forum, sorry :(
Master NOODLE
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Master NOODLE »

Where do the Codes come from? Does someone post them on the IRC or are they just found randomly when somone goes server site?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Are you talking about the keys? If so, then the key code is given on the site, the page before you enter it. There are also two security codes to prevent computer automated logins, and those are on the site itself as well. The only problem is the location of the site and if its open or not. That's what everyone is waiting for.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Master NOODLE wrote:Where do the Codes come from? Does someone post them on the IRC or are they just found randomly when somone goes server site?
You get it randomly. :S
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Ok, I asked this question in another thread but haven't received an answer yet.

As one of the first one hundred to enter the code to unlock server 1, I received my package about a week and a half ago. I was away (vacation) when this package arrived, and had no access to the internet. In the package, there was a small sheet of paper with a 25 digit code on it. I'm wondering if anyone has found out what this code is for, and if I'm too late to use it.