Ongoing Birthday Issue

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Ongoing Birthday Issue

Unread post by Dalthanas »

I know there is a sticky in the discussion forum about "how to avoid the birthday issue," but I can at least speak for myself in saying, I did all that, a bunch of times. It's a pretty easy process to update your file, and from the beginning my Live ID had my birthday in it. I've had my Live ID since 2003, and it has been fully updated for years.

I also know there were a bunch of others on this board who couldn't get around the birthday issue. The whole point of this is, I want to ask if any of you, who could not get around the problem, have NON-hotmail accounts attached to your Live ID? For example, my Live ID/Gamertag are attached to dalthanasSPLATsympatico.ca. Sympatico is an msn company, and a major ISP in Canada through Bell. Their e-mail addresses are usable for Live ID, Xbox Gamertag and Messenger.

I'm just trying to find some sort of correlation, and hopefully address it and fix it in a way more meaningful than the walkthrough for when the next servers open.

Thanks
Kwalitee
Data [Conditional]

Re: Ongoing Birthday Issue

Unread post by Kwalitee »

I had issues with mine, and it's not a hotmail account per se, but an MSN account.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

That's what I'm trying to figure out, if it's maybe Windows ID's attached to non-hotmail or something that are having continuing problems. Perhaps if we're not part of their flagship e-mail program it's not reading our account file properly or something.
Agent ME
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Agent ME »

I have an account that was non-hotmail, and I was having problems, but then, I pressed the 'Sign Out' button on the page that said I had no birthday set, and signed back in, and it worked perfectly.