MS explains halo viral campeign

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Re: MS explains halo viral campeign

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

say what you will about microsoft, but if there is something they understand, its advertising and business, i am sure they learned a thing from ILB and if frankie is putting this on, it cant be too bad, even if it is just a story and not so much interactive, its still fun. just dont compare it to anything else, just try to enjoy it, we get to learn more about the haloverse, dont cry because it isnt ILB2.
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

So all of this AR stuff is just like an "intro" to the actual game. Pretty cool.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

vlad and I believe that MS should have STFU.

As vlad said: even if it's obvious you don't tell the people what youre doing. should have let 4orty2wo handle it...

Hell, or let Bungie run the whole damn thing. It was so much more immersive when we -knew- who was doing it, but we had no official confirmation from Bungie or Microsoft or anything. Microsoft needs to learn to STFU and GTFO. I think it was N4G that said Microsoft can't keep a secret to save its life. Bingo.
DaFreak
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DaFreak »

I don't get it what does this change? Didn't we already guess MS and bungie were involved? I mean it's on their website and all. Doesn't really make a difference for me i am still just as intrigued in AR as ever ^^
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

I agree, everyone already knew (and Bungie has said it themselves) that Halo3.com is run by MS so with stuff happening on their site, it's obvious that they were involved along with Bungie. I kinda wish they weren't too involved though because I could see people in the PR department who would be going crazy over releasing too much information.
Hoplite
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Hoplite »

It's one thing for us to know it's them, and a whole other for them to have some sort of release confirming it. It drops the veil of illusion of the game. Did any Bungie employee really acknowledge AR's existence on their forums; in the Weekly Update?
MasterChief2829
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MasterChief2829 »

Ugh, I thought they were going to open servers containing Halo 3 Campaign materials. I mean come on the game comes out in 3 months and we know nothing of Campaign. I'd like to know what I'm buying before I waste my money.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Hoplite wrote:It's one thing for us to know it's them, and a whole other for them to have some sort of release confirming it. It drops the veil of illusion of the game. Did any Bungie employee really acknowledge AR's existence on their forums; in the Weekly Update?
Nope. And that's the point. Microsoft should have kept its mouth shut. Idiots. Yes, we all know it's Microsoft and have known. IP traces, etc etc. But that's part of the game! Omg AR h4x0red M$!1111111 Oh wait, no, it's just Microsoft. Illusion ruined.
REDSLATE
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by REDSLATE »

Apparently there is a countdown timer and it ends in roughly 2 days. I would guess this is when the ARG "Officially" begins.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

redslate thanks but we know this already.

and MasterChief2829 unfortunatly i doubt we will get any campeign stuff from this arg

and we already knew the arg was on microsofts servers so what is this veil of illusion? it never existed in the first place, no point in gettin dissapointed over something we already knew