MS explains halo viral campeign

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Re: MS explains halo viral campeign

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

On one hand, I think I preferred the illusion of mystery... which is kinda broken here.

But whatever. It's not like they ruined the puzzles. And that's the fun part.

-ACE
DemanusFlint
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by DemanusFlint »

What puzzles? It seems like it's just been a lot of (interesting, but ultimately OOG) speculation, following hoaxes or bad leads, breaking websites, finding out information too soon, or watching Viral Marketing on MTV's Total Request Live.

I Miss Bees.
Plasmoe
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Plasmoe »

The article just said that Frankie and others wrote the materials. The article did not say that Frankie was behind the actual execution of the game. Yes they are probably behind AR's postings, but some other company is probably behind the SOTA rallies, the website, and whatever coming next.

I think that Frankie and MS just provided the beef and some other company is trying to make us a steak dinner.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

a lovely pony wrote:
Frogwart wrote:Whoa, with the profanity!
Just for the record, I was mocking Avateur's stupidly childish reaction.

I didn't think I'd have to actually explain that to anyone :|
What stupidly childish reaction? You've come here, made about 3 posts, and two of them have been having a go at Avateur, who's been here the whole time, and actually been useful (to some extent ;) )

All he was doing was saying he was annoyed at microsoft. I kinda feel the same way. It stops you from getting as immersed as you'd like. Like Avateur saisd, we all knew it was microsoft, but they didn't have to say. But what pised me ff is that they told us pretty much exactly where this ARg was going. To go with the book comparison, tha's like the author telling you what happens at the end before you get to that part.

He WASNT saying he thought it was all real. Learn to read ok?
a lovely pony
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by a lovely pony »

I apologize for being rash. I'm not used to posting on a board filled with, mainly, younger people. I mistook Avateur's reaction for being that of an adults.

Sorry :oops:
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

DemanusFlint wrote:I Miss Bees.
People were complaining daily about how boring ILB was, for much of its run. Don't look back with rosy-colored glasses, here--even when the phone calls started, a lot of people were like, "MORE coordinates? MORE calls? Can we get something different for once?" Besides, this game is just getting started. We have no idea how involved it's going to get.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Lichtonatus wrote: He WASNT saying he thought it was all real. Learn to read ok?
Everything in your post (edited for brevity's sake), Lich, was spot-on to what I've been feeling. I posted a link to the article in the b.net forums, and the simple statement "I'm disappointed if this is really true," and got nothing but flames for my concern. :cry:

On the whole, everyone here has been 150% more interesting to read and interact with than anyone I've ever met over there. I'll be checking back for AR's posts (to see if maybe I can catch one as it comes, to bring the info back here), but for discussion and speculation, you are all stuck with me here until this is done.

Thank you all for being more thoughtful and mature with this game than b.net. :)
sharpsniper99

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

yeah i agree, the atmoshere here is really good, i just hope that we gont get a huge influx of bungie.net members, would you belive the group that lukems and AR are in is already spammed up!
they cant see a gift when it hits em in the face honestly
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

so, out of curiousity, and as a chance for everyone to get to know each other better, i was just wondering what the average age is around these boreds (obviously the maturity level is much greater than Bnet).

Myself- 22. i have a feeling that i am pretty young compared to some of you guys.
sharpsniper99

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

shamanistcrage youde be suprised, some of these guys might be young but at the sane time theyre very mature + clever anyway im 18