MS explains halo viral campeign

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Re: MS explains halo viral campeign

Unread post by mike g »

not me, im 17 :lol:
ATF Goose
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ATF Goose »

16 in July for me! :D
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I turned 16 in January. And yes, this place is much much better than B.net, and better layed out than HBO.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

yer i like it here
more calm than bungie :lol:
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

mike g wrote:yer i like it here
more calm than bungie :lol:
i dunno how long thats going to last, theres loadsa peaple signing up and i have noticed a few sour posts :cry: , hopefully this place can keep the great atmosphere its allways had, and yeah its definatly better llayed out than hbo! cant navigate that place :lol:
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

i saw that guy havign a go at avateur
straight out of some of the ... louder forums around :lol:

is there some way to limit the loud new people?
i cant think of anything else apart from harsher administration
(great jod btw all you administrators great forum)
Caiaphas BoT
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Caiaphas BoT »

One of the greatest strengths of the Bungie fan community has been its relative intelligence, maturity, and courtesy. What you are experiencing has been commented on for as long as I've been here, and I've been around since 1996. Welcome to the fold, gentleman.

Caiaphas BoT <- turns 30 next week
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Wow, the oldsky on the board.

The only way to limit the new guys from the louder areas of the Bungie community is to have active mods to quell arguments. If you lock a thread before it gets out of hand then problem solved.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

Caiaphas BoT wrote:One of the greatest strengths of the Bungie fan community has been its relative intelligence, maturity, and courtesy. What you are experiencing has been commented on for as long as I've been here, and I've been around since 1996. Welcome to the fold, gentleman.

Caiaphas BoT <- turns 30 next week
nice to have a experianced member with us! and happy birthday for next week
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I like pony. Not that I need to defend my position, but my main point would be that this is an Alternate Reality -Game- with the purpose of helping us transition into HALO 3. Now, looking at Bungie, do they ever tell us what's going on with the HALO games? And I mean truly tell us? You know, story stuff? We don't know who's doing what, who made what, and why something is going on. Apparently HALO 3 will finally answer tons of questions, and still leave many more unanswered. The fact that Microsoft told us -anything- is careless, especially so early in this ARG.

My post in question was meant to express that (while we all know it's Microsoft), we could have the fun idea that AdjutantReflex and his gang have hacked Microsoft or are borrowing servers and websites and counting down and SOTA is its own individual entity and blah blah. And then Microsoft has to go and say, "Hey, this is all us! Wooooo! This isn't a game! We're just doin our thing here! Partay!" Sorry if the way I put it offended you, pony. I suppose one man's ARG isn't as serious as another's.