Start of 2008 Gaming

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Start of 2008 Gaming

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Well I haven't been on Guitar Hero in a while because of GTA IV, my new favorite thing in the world. And Dave wants to wait until the one year anniversary of Iris before PDI 7 comes out.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Yeah, but Mr. DHalo doesn't even go on AIM. Or HBO. Or Xbox Live. Let alone here at ABO. I think that PDI 7 should be released, and then we'll all place a bet to see how long it takes DHalo to notice and then be pissed off about it. :P
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Hey everyone! I have a new recommendation for everyone: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One. Yep, the game brought to you by Penny-Arcade! The first XBLA game that will be episodic in its content. I loved the artistic and literary references sprinkled throughout the game (especially the first part), and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the references back to the Penny-Arcade comics and front-page writings over the years. It's absolutely worth the 1600MS points.
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

I grew bored of GTA 4 after 3 hours.
Yes, 3 hours.
The only interesting thing I got to in the entire game was sex with Michelle or whatever the first girlfriend's name is.
And I am playing PAA:OTRSPOD on my Mac, for the sole reason of controls. I just find it easier.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

LordOsiris wrote:I grew bored of GTA 4 after 3 hours.
Yes, 3 hours.
The only interesting thing I got to in the entire game was sex with Michelle or whatever the first girlfriend's name is.
And I am playing PAA:OTRSPOD on my Mac, for the sole reason of controls. I just find it easier.
3 Hours? Wow. I cannot begin to tell you how much you missed. It is an unbelievably good game, especially the last half. That's saying a lot because I'm not easily impressed by games these days. The story is amazing, the storytelling is some of the best I've seen in a game ever. And the missions were insanely fucking creative. There were at least 15 times when I was thinking to myself, "Jesus. How the hell did they think of this? This must be the highest point of mission creativity in the game." And 15 times, I was wrong. It just keeps getting better.
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

I've never been a big fan of the GTA series, and buying GTA 4 I was expecting something wild, wet, and fun. What I've played has been anything but those. I haven't even got my first gun yet. A bat, knife, sure. Even the driving bores me. Too realistic, too little jack-and-go mentality. I liked when the pintos could navigate the most difficult turns. I guess what I'm saying in short, Is that what everyone has been touting as the biggest advancements in the series, in gaming period, have either pissed me off of on some degree or just bored me to the point where I just didn't want to do it anymore. The thing that catalyzed it for me was dying after completing 2 dates and 3 missions. I just did not feel like going back and doing it all over again. if I could just save anywhere, then I would have saved after all of those missions. But for some reason, the auto save that I've just been hearing about now wasn't engaged. I guess the game didn't draw me in enough to put all of that effort back into stuff I've already done.
churcchh
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by churcchh »

I think everyone should at least look into Too Human. I've just recently been introduced to this upcoming game and i've already pre-ordered . they too have participating an ARG right now having to do with the games ties to Norse mythology and present day events.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Hi everybody... :?

I've been away quite a while--moved out of Michigan the week Halo 3 released; got horrible job in my adopted hometown of Spokane; never got great 'net connection (still don't, but it's better than it was a few months ago--still not MP-capable, though); got caught up in offline life and sadly neglected this site and you guys, which embarrasses me to no end.

Now that we're caught up, games-wise, I've been reinvestigating Oblivion, and trying to complete it, achievement-wise.

Ninja Gaiden II put a stop to that, though, and now that I've run into a wall in that game, I'm dedicating my (little) free time to help Bungie make the 7-billion Campaign kills by 07/07/08.