Flash site by AKQA overviewing Iris (and overview video)

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Flash site by AKQA overviewing Iris (and overview video)

Unread post by thebruce »

Posted to the wiki - found via Joel Kaplan's site (copyrighter at AKQA), a video outlining Iris (direct link) and AKQA's Iris promo award submission site (overview from a meta standpoint) the entire Iris campaign - very slickly created! Though, it doesn't detail the story aspect of Iris as much as the technical events and project timeline as planned.

The winners of the flash site of the year awards / people's choice, will be announced tomorrow. Halo 3's Believe site was their submission (I can't seem to find the voting page any more so I think it's closed; was http://thefwa.com/pca2007 - already voted a while back after "Sanatos"'s recent post on bungie.net :))

Unr3al Edit: Apperently the link goes to a "awards site" which is not what thebruce was talking about, so i present...

THE WAY AROUND THIS!

http://awards.sf.akqa.com/creative/2007 ... /shell.swf

:)
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Flash site by AKQA overviewing Iris (and overview video)

Unread post by DHalo »

I feel so outdone...Well, I should back this up within a few days, just in case they pull this one, too...
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

My Amazon review is briefly featured in their slick little self-congratulatory video! Microscopic, fleeting internet stardom is mine at last!

Seriously, the focus on multimedia and cross-promotion and such, rather than story, says it all. I still can't believe no one thought the five episodes needed to have anything to do with one another, or the Halo universe, or have any reason for existing whatsoever. A milestone for marketing synergy with third-party vendors, sure. An ARG written and devised almost entirely by people who sell for a living rather than create. Kudos all around.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Considering all that we did here, I feel knid of bumbed that us here at ARGS.bungie.org didn't get as much note as the other sites. Ah well...
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Not only did ABO not get a mention, PDI didn't get a mention either :/
Kinda disappointing :(
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Ibeechu wrote:Not only did ABO not get a mention, PDI didn't get a mention either :/
Kinda disappointing :(
Actually there is a screenshot of ABO in one of their vids....

Since you all are good at scavenger hunting, ill leave it up to you to find them.... LOL :)

also... i found one mistake that AKQA made that was essential to unlocking of one certain server... XD
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Yeah, I see it now. Still, too bad we only got that tiny piss ant screenshot. Almost like it were an easter egg.