GamerPic

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Ghost
Data [Conditional]

Re: GamerPic

Unread post by Ghost »

I think most people feel jipped today.
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

Ghost wrote:I think most people feel jipped today.
Why? i dont. I had fun participating and will have fun participating until i stay up all night on Sep. 25th.
Crunchman
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Crunchman »

I'll reserve my spot here in the case of a random drawing.
A lot of people have done more than I have on here, but I still feel equally jipped.
Crunchman
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Crunchman »

LordOsiris wrote:
Ghost wrote:I think most people feel jipped today.
Why? i dont. I had fun participating and will have fun participating until i stay up all night on Sep. 25th.
I guess we'll all feel like winners on that date...unless we get mugged walking out of the store...
Squirrel
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Squirrel »

we have no reason to hate those who have gotten keys... ill enter my name in the drawing. been playing for months and joined this forum because you guys were more organized. just wish i had gotten to help unlock at least one server.

-squirrel-
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

I feel good to have participated in this event, as well as cheated......but that can't be a reason to be angry. It is after all, just a game. I had fun learning more about the halo universe, with all the theorys and speculations presented. For those people who got the key and didn't share it with the rest of us, weather they cheated or not, they were actually doing what many had suggested that they should do anyway. Not share the key becasue of all the people who only wanted the prizes.

I still feel cheated, but I say WELL DONE to the winners. Congrats, good game, see you online once we have halo 3, and all other manner of well wishes.
VectorScalar
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by VectorScalar »

I'd like the gamerpic as I was unable to unlock <drumroll> 0/5 servers. That was all I really wanted in terms of swag.

There are almost definitely more deserving people, though. My advice:

1. check registration dates and exclude anyone who wasn't here from the start
2. Of those who make the cut, have a sort of random drawing instead of a vote-off (it would be divisive), OR
3. Choose the person who has not unlocked anything who YOU think did the most work/helped out/was kind to others.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

LordOsiris wrote:I agree. Give it to Dhalo, Van Helsing or Seven7th Prophet. Also, Unr3al Chi3f.
Van Helsing is in the UK too, which means he was on 'til about 7AM, and still didn't get there in time. He's also been working really harfd on the forums.

Then again, so have all the other Mods, but I'm biased 'cos he's UK :D

Otherwise, go with what VectorScalar said
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

I missed on S1 - most would have as no one knew what the hell was happening
I missed on S2 - timing and lack of a "proper" kiosk near me means relying on someone else...never good
I missed on S3 - mic issues and then of course timing with that big ole circus that IRC has become
I unlocked S4 (#39) - Talked to Volman and got the link about 15 secs after it had been posted to IRC
I missed on S5 - Well, this one was a bigger circus...My wife and I seriously contemplated cashing in our "rewards points" for stay in NYC and right now am VERY glad we didn't (my work is all remote oracle dba, so all I need is my laptop and internet). I am still po'd about the coordinates thing...not mad at the other people that did unlock...that is their way and they deserve the accolades...we thought we had someone there, but we didn't have them EVEN CLOSE to the right place thanks to the coordinates being wrong.

All in all it is fantastic and I am still eagerly awaiting clues for this thing to really get turned up.

On a side note: I would not be surprised if there was "end game" swag, but not server specific swag for the S3, S4, and S5 peeps. ILB didn't get enough people b/c I think no one saw the point, especially with the lack Halo universe tie-in. Iris quickly got a huge following when people thought that there were prizes to be had (tito). Also, think about how quickly the rest of the servers opened, not allowing people to break away if they thought there was to be no swag. Think if it had gone 20 days between servers...how many less people would there be on S5 when by the time it opens, S3 people still hadn't received anything. I know, I know...for the story...but Bungie has always tried to get the people who don't care about the story too...the hardcore gamers and others you probably never open campaign (except for achievements now on 360).

The spoiler alert below is not actually spoiler, but a strong language reference

[spoiler]BTW---below you can replace all above occurrences of CIRCUS with CLUSTERFUCK[/spoiler]
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

rewind wrote: [spoiler]BTW---below you can replace all above occurrences of CIRCUS with CLUSTERFUCK[/spoiler]
Dammit, I accidentally spoiled the surprise ending for me! ;) :D