Server 5 Survival Kit

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Server 5 Survival Kit

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Since Server 3 and 4 both needed something else besides the standard computer and AOL package, (mic and Windows Live Messenger), we should consider what Server 5 might have or need to prevent getting caught unawares.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 5 Survival Kit

Unread post by tygron »

Hmm lets see.... wifi -check.... internet - check... Cell phone - check.... mic - check.... webcam - nope... but I shoudn't need it... hope not...... xbox 360 controller - check..... Cable tv - check <lolz>..... what else should or might we need?

EDIT: what did server 4 need to open?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Server 4 needed MSN messenger or Windows Live Messenger, not the AOL or AIM one I use, since I just have that kinda luck.

I agree that we shouldn't need a webcam, a visual imput would be more problematic through quality reading and all that. Also, we shouldn't need a mic again, they don't repeat stuff.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

All servers need a hotmail acount.... oh you mean to talk to that bot... nope they had an online version of him.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

tygron wrote:All servers need a hotmail acount.... oh you mean to talk to that bot... nope they had an online version of him.
Actually, another way is use your Windows Live ID that you use at XBox.com and Bungie.net.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

Of which you need a hot mail to acount to get a live ID. I see what you mean though.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

tygron wrote:Of which you need a hot mail to acount to get a live ID. I see what you mean though.
My Live ID uses an AOL email account, not hot mail. I've never touched hot mail.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Since the number series at the Artifact location has the same number of numbers as a phone number, we should all have some sort of reverse phone book to find our closest locations.
halosavior
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by halosavior »

Things we've used:

Cell Phone (Weird conversation/ringtone)
Messenger (Jonas)
Mic/Music (by the way my friend sang the Halo theme to open the Device open. It was really funny)
Internet (everything else)

What else do we use to communicate that we haven't used yet? ... I got it! Pigeons. lol I know I'm a genius.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

hey if we could open server 5 remotely by cell phone, id be in heaven since i cant take my pc with me everywhere and i cant sit at home staring at it all day either. i say its time they gave the working people some breaks lol.