Server 5 Survival Kit

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 5 Survival Kit

Unread post by tygron »

lol.... "hmm... why do I have a text mesage.... HOLY CRAP SERVER 5 OMFG *people around start staring and wondering wtf is going on* gotta get teh clues.... omfg i gots it *pounds heavily on number keys and sings various halo songs* woo hoo I win IRIS woot.... wait... whats this... a message from AR?! "you have been selected to continue IRIS.... this was just the begining.... prepare for teleportation" wait what the fu-- *teleported*"

um yea..... be kinda funny but then again....
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

supremely wrote:hey if we could open server 5 remotely by cell phone, id be in heaven since i cant take my pc with me everywhere and i cant sit at home staring at it all day either. i say its time they gave the working people some breaks lol.
Interesting idea. Perhaps they will use some sort of text messaging system? They haven't really used it so far, so it's still possible.
tygron wrote:lol.... "hmm... why do I have a text mesage.... HOLY CRAP SERVER 5 OMFG *people around start staring and wondering wtf is going on* gotta get teh clues.... omfg i gots it *pounds heavily on number keys and sings various halo songs* woo hoo I win IRIS woot.... wait... whats this... a message from AR?! "you have been selected to continue IRIS.... this was just the begining.... prepare for teleportation" wait what the fu-- *teleported*"

um yea..... be kinda funny but then again....
And that was random... Lay off the drugs? :D
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

:D lol I was replying to the guy talking about the cell phone thing. But i'll try to keep the drugs in the mediscine (spelling) cabinet.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

*snaps fingers* Focus people.

I like the idea of texting something to a phone number and getting the key url, but it looks more and more like something physical will happen in the cities.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:*snaps fingers* Focus people.

I like the idea of texting something to a phone number and getting the key url, but it looks more and more like something physical will happen in the cities.
Which is aggravating :evil: lol, already missed enough chances, wont be very happy if I dont even GET a chance this time! :P I'm betting the server opening process will be the same and wont exclude anyone, however. It doesn't seem like Bungie would want to make anyone unhappy because they dont live in the right place.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Lurono wrote:Which is aggravating :evil: lol, already missed enough chances, wont be very happy if I dont even GET a chance this time! :P I'm betting the server opening process will be the same and wont exclude anyone, however. It doesn't seem like Bungie would want to make anyone unhappy because they dont live in the right place.
I have to agree. Although it was frustrating that we didn't get any kiosk content up here in the Great White North, the location specific content wasn't THE key, it was on the night for a bit of time before the following steps were figured out. My guess is the same thing will happen - something local will become part of the viral hive mind, and then we'll all be part of the same mad scramble.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Dalthanas wrote:
Lurono wrote:Which is aggravating :evil: lol, already missed enough chances, wont be very happy if I dont even GET a chance this time! :P I'm betting the server opening process will be the same and wont exclude anyone, however. It doesn't seem like Bungie would want to make anyone unhappy because they dont live in the right place.
I have to agree. Although it was frustrating that we didn't get any kiosk content up here in the Great White North, the location specific content wasn't THE key, it was on the night for a bit of time before the following steps were figured out. My guess is the same thing will happen - something local will become part of the viral hive mind, and then we'll all be part of the same mad scramble.
That would be much less annoying :P I dont mind not opening a server if I know I had a 100% fair chance to do so. As long as we can get people in those cities that can report back relatively quickly for those of us waiting (un)patiently, then things are all cool. Eh, things will be cool either way, I'm sure, but the faster the better :D
MC_
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by MC_ »

I found a way to get past the microphone requirements... I just plugged a pair of headphones in where the mic was supposed to go (it fit), while it was waiting for a sound, and it worked... too bad it was already open...