A quick question about server bounce path control

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

A quick question about server bounce path control

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

i helped open server 4, and im just wondering, was there supposed to be a page where i entered my address and so on?

i got the stupid xml error that other peaple got, but luckily already had another enter keypage open from before, so i simply switched there, but by not following the link did i miss a crucial page?

for me the only pages i saw was

1) bounce path control with my key

2) i couldnt "follow the path" - but luckily had another version of the enter key page open

3) i entered the key and was told that i was number 65

but im just wondering, i vaguly remember someone telling me they entered the wrong address and was worried they arnt going to get a prize - im a bit worried cos i think by using a page i previusly had open i missed the step of adding my address

hopefully they go by my details attached to my hotmail account :evil: -infact they would only ask for my address if i didnt sign in with a windows live account wouldnt they?

im confused :shock:
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: A quick question about server bounce path control

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Hey Sniper - From my experience in almost opening 2 of the servers, it never asks for your address during the unlocking process. It DOES require you to sign in with your Live ID. It then grabs your age (see: problem with server 2) and address from the information in your ID profile. If at no point it asked you to sign in, you may have missed a step somehow, although they should have redundancy checks (in my opinion) to make sure that doesn't happen.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: A quick question about server bounce path control

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

Dalthanas luckily when i had the window already open i hadnt signed in yet, so if thats the only set of steps luckily i should have them all sorted, hopefully.

i remember when server 2 prematuraly opened, i managed to have a look at the sign up process, back then i used that error to help fix my birthday problem, but i do remember a form asking for address etc, im hoping that was just a part of the server 2 glitch at the time when it opened prematurly though.

whats wierd is yesterday after unlocking the server i checked my hotmail personal setting and my address etc was wiped from it, im hoping that happened when they took my address and wasnt always like that, either way ive filled in the info

thanks for the help