Will IRIS end after server 5?

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Re: Will IRIS end after server 5?

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

I'm going to say no. This being due to the fact that SOTA has only 400 members atm.

Every server, SOTA gains 100 more members....so once server 5 is found, the "trusted staff" of the operator will be found and Iris phase 2 can commence :)

Viva le sota! (Server 4 key 101...(***** unlocked it before my key processed. :(
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Yeah, a party would be great, especially if it included people who didn't get keys but still contributed.
RighteousFury
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by RighteousFury »

SOTA now has 510 members.
Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

While technically the website claims that, if that were true, the login page would exist.

I believe that the reason we havent seen any activity out of SOTA recently is that the servers are a membership drive. notice, they said that they have 510 members... My belief is that they dont have 510 members yet...but will have at least 500 when server 05 opens next month
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

has that number changed? My cache says the members page last updated June 14th... so I don't think anything's going on with them at all at this point.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

i think, unfortunately, that SOTA is dead, it served its usefullness... its sad really, because i enjoyed the story that played out in my head involving SOTA, and it was on a much bigger better scale than.... heres server 1...... lol.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

shamanistcrage wrote:i think, unfortunately, that SOTA is dead, it served its usefullness... its sad really, because i enjoyed the story that played out in my head involving SOTA, and it was on a much bigger better scale than.... heres server 1...... lol.
What about the hidden registration PDF? SOTA is not dead... we just came full-circle to it with Jonas being a member, probably one of the founding members.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

ii otnemem ii wrote:
shamanistcrage wrote:i think, unfortunately, that SOTA is dead, it served its usefullness... its sad really, because i enjoyed the story that played out in my head involving SOTA, and it was on a much bigger better scale than.... heres server 1...... lol.
What about the hidden registration PDF? SOTA is not dead... we just came full-circle to it with Jonas being a member, probably one of the founding members.
Anyone have the idea that the mystery member who found the Iris in africa is Volman?
Thrasher66099
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Thrasher66099 »

I can almost guarantee the arg doesn't even start until server 5 opens. The 5 servers along with their information was just to get the background information set. We're getting close to some real fun. I hope you're all ready.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

When I load up the members page of SOTA, it says it has 501 members.