August 8th happenings.

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Re: August 8th happenings.

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

Hoo-ah.

Anyway..I think this may be related to the ARG, remember, Gamestop was a partner for the Find Kiosk thing for the second server. Those H3 videos had to be loaded on the kiosks well ahead of time. Those kiosks have no network connection to my knowledge, so a MS rep had to go to each of those.

Anyway, the timing seems right for something ARG related to hit a launch partner site/b&M store.

Man..I wish covenant grunts were real...they'd make my job SOO much easier. :)
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:Here's my projected timeline. By no means is this official or anything.

August 8th - New add relating to ARG is released at GameStops, possibly hyping the comic or Halo 3 release. New clue is entrenched within.

August 15th- EXACTLY one week later from above, the first comic is released and Servor 4 starts accepting keys. This date fits in with newly revised moon chart thread projections for the next opening.
Correction (to bolded text) -- August 15th does NOT fit in at all with the Lunar Phase theory, old OR new.

According to the Lunar Phases, dates to watch are August 2nd (today, third spoke), 8th (second spoke), 12th (New Moon, first spoke, my prediction for Server 4), 17th/18th (fifth spoke), 24th (fourth spoke) and 31st (third spoke, my prediction for Server 5).
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Sorry about that then. I still stand by the *guess* of the 15th, but the more and more I see, the more I think it may be the 8th, oh well.
Panzer
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Panzer »

Well this is certainly interesting, I guess I'll have to extra vigilant on the 8th
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

August 8, 2007 has been confirmed officially as the date of Xbox 360 price drops. The new HALO 3 Xbox 360 has been given a price now, too. With that, I am locking this topic. More info can be found here.